❄️ Christmas Special ❄️

"He really gets worse around Christmas time." Nerumi whispered. Ectoplasm nodded. 

It was common knowledge around U.A that Aizawa Shota did not like Christmas. No one quite knew what the problem was, except maybe the man himself and Hizashi. Neither of them would talk about it though. 

Their co-workers didn't press for details, but after years of working with him they were getting sick of it. 

"Fuck, what are you doing?! They're never going to be ready for graduation at this rate!" Aizawa groaned. 

"Aizawa, with all due respect, its Friday. We should relax a bit more. The kids aren't going to respond well to being pushed that hard." Power Loader said, laying a hand on the underground hero's shoulder. Aizawa shook him off and glared at the man. 

"We're Japanese, is Christmas even that big a deal?" The teacher asked. Power Loaded faltered but Midnight stepped up. "Of course its important! Its such a fun holiday! The romance, the family get togethers, the fried chicken-".

"I get it, I get it." Aizawa said, pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"Maybe you should go home early today." Nerumi suggested. Aizawa rolled his eyes. "Its already 5pm, how is this early." The man said. 

"I'll take her up on that offer." A voice said, interrupting their almost-argument. "Come on Sho, lets get home for Christmas." Hizashi said, already holding both of their coats. Shota sighed but nodded, placing his paperwork into the filing cabinet haphazardly and closing his laptop. He slid it into the black satchel he carried everywhere. 

When they reached the car Hizashi settled into the driver's seat with a sigh. "Sho, you can stop feeling bad for me. It was one time and it ended perfectly. I'm not even sad this time of year." Hizashi said honestly. 

"You were barely there." "I was the one who was shot, Sho. If I say its not a big deal then its not a big deal." Hizashi shot back. Shota sighed. 

"But you were on pain killers, I was the one holding you hand while you cried in your sleep, I was the one who waited in that room for 4 hours hoping you would make it through surgery." He said, watching the festive lights pass them by. 

Hizashi sighed. "Okay, maybe not this year. But next year we're going to have a party, like a real one." The blond insisted. Shota nodded slightly, not intending on committing to the suggestion. 

--------- --------- -------- --------- -------- -------- ------- 

That night Shota laid in bed staring at the ceiling. He wasn't going to get to sleep tonight, not that he ever did this close to Christmas. 

He still remembered that night. He was on his way back from picking up a Christmas cake for them to eat when Hizashi's shift ended when he got the call. It was from Hizashi's hero coordinator who had called saying a battle had gone wrong and he was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. 

At the time the pair were just barely engaged and 20 years old. 

It had ruined Christmas for him. Shota sighed again and turned over to the bedside table to grab his phone. 

"Well hello there!". Shota was met with a pair of bright blue eyes and glowing blue hair. It was familiar and distant at the same time. "Don't tell me ya don't recognize your old pal now that I'm a spirit?" The person said, cheeky smile on his face.

"Oboro?" Shota said, his voice barely a whisper. "The one and only!" He said, jumping to his feet and dancing around a little. Shota wiped his eyes, still in a state of shock. 

"Have I gone insan-" "Before you can start with that 'this is a delusion' or 'Hizashi's finally made me lose it' bullshit, I need you to listen up." Oboro said, his expression stern yet mischievous. With all of his retorts taken away, Shota couldn't do anything but nod along.