9: Take Your 'Son' To Work Day Pt. 2

"Am I the only one who wants to know how he's doing that?!?" Kaminari yelled, so very confused. 

The answer was no, no he was not the only person wondering how Miki was controlling them. As their first lesson bled into their second 5 more people had been silenced by Miki at Aizawa's request. It sounded a lot more threatening than it was, but the class was confused beyond belief at this point. 

"If you had been paying attention you could have figured it out by now." Aizawa said, not even bothering to turn around. Kaminari's chair screeched at he shoved it back and stood up in one motion. "Come on Mr. Aizawa!" He whined. 

The teacher turned to face Miki who was sitting at his desk, minding his own business like the polite child he was. Okay, so he wasn't exactly polite all the time, but compared to 1-A right now he was a saint. "Can you handle him to, or is too many?" He asked, his tone serious. 

A look of fear crossed Miki's face for a second before a more neutral expression smothered it. "I can handle more." He said, sounding eager as he desperately tried to ignore the feeling of his mind being pulled in different directions. Some of those hero students had some really strong wills and were still trying to free themselves. 

"No you can't." Shota said, his brow furrowed, "Don't try to push yourself. Just let them all go, I can handle them.". Miki's eyes widened. No. He wanted to prove he could be useful. That he could use his quirk well. But Shota wasn't having it. "Let them go. I wont ask again." He said, flashing his quirk but not using it on Miki, giving him a chance to let them go himself. 

With that the 8 people who had been controlled sagged back into their normal postures, wiggling their fingers and cracking their joints that had become stiff from holding still. 

"That was so freaking weird!" Mina said, shaking her head. The class laughed a bit then continued on with the lesson. There wasn't long until lunch anyways. 

Everyone else seemed curious but not brave enough to ask, one particular student included. Midoriya was determined to figure it out himself though. A quirk like this couldn't go undocumented. 

------ ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- 

"So, where do you want to sit, with me and Zashi, with my class or with Hitoshi?" Shota asked as he handed Miki a lunch tray. He was sort of hoping he would pick to sit with Hitoshi since sending him to sit with 1-A would be throwing him to the wolves and if he sat with the teachers he would be treated like a literal baby. 

"M' gonna go find Toshi." Miki mumbled, obviously not enjoying the crowded cafeteria. 'That's my boy' Shota thought with a small smile. "He's somewhere over there, usually in the corner. Come get me if you need anything, alright?" He said, his words serious. Miki nodded and made his way through the crowd. 

"Who's that?" Ectoplasm asked, walking up behind Aizawa. He tilted his head towards Miki, who stood out like a soar thumb with his pink hair and non-uniform clothes. 

"My youngest son." Shota said simply, turning back around to find the teacher's table, completely ignoring the shocked face of his colleague. 

Right as he sat down he felt his phone buzz in his pocket so he pulled it out to see what it was. There were several text messages from Hana so he pulled Hizashi in so they could both read them. 

'The hearing has been set for tomorrow. I thought it wouldn't be for a few weeks but since the courts think it will go quickly its been moved up. I've prepared all Miki's statements to read to the judge so there shouldn't be any issues.' 

'Oh, and you can choose if you'd like to bring him or not. Some kids want the closure of meeting their parents for the last time, even if they weren't good parents. Just let me know ahead of time so we can inform Ms. Tanaka Miki will be there.' 

Relief washed over Shota. He was worried it would be something about Hitoshi. Not that the boy had done anything wrong but he was very close to being cleared for adoption and every day he lived in fear that someone else would try to get him before they could. 

Shota wasn't even ashamed at the thought that he had gone soft since he started fostering Hitoshi, he was. 

Hizashi shot him a blinding smile. "That much closer to keeping Miki safe." He said before turning back to his lunch. Shota returned the smile with a smaller more smirk like one and did the same. 

Meanwhile Miki was having quite the crisis. He couldn't find Hitoshi (since he usually ate outside and didn't tell anyone) so he was just standing there awkwardly. 

"Hey, Mr. Aizawa's kid! Wanna sit with us?" A voice called out behind him. It was the pink haired girl, Mina, who he had been using his quirk on during class. He scanned the table. It was a bunch of the people he had controlled but they didn't seem bothered about that. There was one blonde kid who hadn't spoken much who was glaring at him, but he just shook it off. 

"Sure."

"So then I said 'but I don't want to fight Todoroki' and Mr. Aizawa looked at me so coldly I actually shivered!" Kaminari said. Miki nearly did a spit take from laughing with water in his mouth. Turns out some of Shota's students were actually pretty chill. Miki would have assumed hero students had a stick up their asses about being a goody two shoes all the time but the only one who seemed to care was the angry blonde on (whose name he still didn't know). 

"Seriously though, your dad is like-crazy scary. I didn't even think of him as the type of guy to have kids." Sero added. Miki shifted uncomfortably. He didn't want to get into the fact that he had only known Shota for a little while. It would take far too long at this point, so he just nodded and went along. 

------ ------- ------ ------- ------- -------- ------- 

Okay, so he thought hero students would be lame and school focused and although they didn't hold that attitude he thought they would he assumed they would still be a little lame. 

He was wrong. He was so wrong. 

Damn they were climbing up a simulated volcano that's fucking awesome. Miki was sure he looked absolutely dumbfounded at the sight of it and he was. 

Shota found it endearing though. Maybe Miki would take interest in hero work. He knew the boy had an aversion to the topic. The 14 year old still thought of himself as a criminal (which was crazy but they could work on that) but maybe he would take after the rest of them. He's got a great quirk and with the pushed to make a less biased entrance exam for future U.A students there was something really promising there. 

All they had to do was wait till Miki's parental rights and his future were secure. 

--------------------------------------------

Had a really great burst of creativity recently so I might  finish writing the first three chapters of the project that was supposed to come out alongside this one but because of the cover (the FREAKING COVER) is now 9 chapters behind. 

Woo hoo. 

But that's not all that fuels my depressing. Basically life sucks I fucked up and didn't tip my hairdresser today because the last time I was allowed out in the world I just used cash and I have no idea how to tip using a machine and now I feel like an awful person even thought I had no idea what was going on at the time and why can't businesses just include tipping in the bill like please I have generalized anxiety disorder this isn't a fun time for me and people I know just keep fucking dying. 

Sorry, that was a lot :|