22: Honesty Is The Best Policy

Hizashi clutched his chest and tried to focus. He had put the car in park, too scared to act rashly. 

He had chased after Miki. Of course he had, it was his son out there. But when he had been walled in by blue flames he had retreated back to the road, hoping for the best. 

Hizashi couldn't bring himself to think of the worst. As many heroes had, he'd witnessed someone burn to death. It couldn't happen to Miki. Not his baby. 

With a shaky breath, Hizashi pulled the keys from his pocket and started the car. He drove slowly, for the same reason he had it in park in the first place. 

As he drove past the blazing hills and valleys, he couldn't help but wonder if 1-A would be okay after this. He assumed they were in the building at the end of the road, but what if they weren't? What if they, like Miki, had run into the forest to save someone? 

It gave him hope that Miki wasn't alone, but made him worry about what was really going on. Who was behind all of this, and what did they want? 

------ ------ ----- ------- ------- ------ ------- ------ 

Shota often told Hizashi he was an angel, and truer words were never spoken. Especially after he kicked Dabi's boot off the teacher's throat. 

"Mic!" He said in surprise as Hizashi punched Dabi across the face. Their names had to remain secret, if nothing else. The voice hero cursed and clutched his left hand. The villain's skin was painfully hot to the touch. 

"Wow, you're putting up quite the fight." Dabi said, raising his hands in surrender. Hizashi didn't want to punch him again and scream in his face, sending the villain flying backwards. Dabi clutched his rips and smiled wickedly at the teachers. 

"You're trying so hard, but I wonder how many you'll actually be able to save.". Before Shota could rain hell down on him, the villain dissolved into sand. 

There was a beat of silence before they both spoke at the same time. "What are you doing here?" "Miki ran off.". 

Shota stared at the other in shock. "Where is he? Where did he go? Why are you here?". 

"Midoriya shared his location. Miki said it was their code for 'somethings really, really wrong and I need help now'. So I went to drive out here to help, and he insisted he had to come along.". 

"Of course he did." Shota scoffed. He knew Miki, and he wasn't going to blame Hizashi for caving when he would have as well. 

"He jumped out of the car. I barely slowed down before he did. I-I didn't even notice he'd undone his seatbelt." Hizashi said, pulling Shota close. 

"Its okay." Shota said, "My students are scattered out there. The villains hit right during the test of courage. I'm sure one of them will find him and help him back. Right now we're just focused on regrouping and keeping the building safe from the League. Their target is Bakugou, but he's with Todoroki right now, or should be at least.". 

Hizashi's eyes went wide at the mention of the League of Villains, but he wasn't really all that surprised. He could have seen this coming. Should have seen this coming. But why Bakugou? 

Just as they went to head inside to talk about this in more detail, Uraraka and Asui burst through the forest, running at top speed. 

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------- ------ ------- ----- 

Miki was crying. He didn't want to acknowledge that he was crying. That he was so weak. But he was. 

He had trusted her. He thought they had made up. That they could be friends. He was so fucking relieved to see her when he did. Miki had thought she would help him, that they could find his dad and get the rest of the class to safety.