24: Where Are We Now?

By the time the morning came, the whole family was absolutely shattered. 

They had all given police statements, careful not to make Toga look too interesting or like someone the police would ask about. At this point Hizashi owed her a debt bigger than they could ever pay for helping their son out of a forest fire while his ankle was broken. 

Hitoshi appeared at some point and he and his class had to be informed of the extent of the night's events and of course, Bakugou's kidnapping. It hadn't quite sunken in yet but right now everyone else just wanted to be safe. 

Shota rode the bus back to Masutafu with his class while Hizashi drove Toga and Miki home in the car. If Hizashi hadn't shown up and called the fire department when he did, he doubted the car would still be in working order. 

Nothing had been decided yet. Not what to do about Bakugou beyond the normal missing person's process. Not what to do about Uraraka and certainly not what they were going to do about Toga. 

She hadn't spoken much as they drove back, only answering questions when Hizashi specifically asked her to. The girl seemed a little...out of it, so to speak. She just stared as the cars passed her, her mind running a mile a minute trying to figure out what would happen next. 

To her shock and awe, when every student had gone home and teachers had been given 5 hours to sleep before they needed to be at U.A, no police came to take her away. Instead, they drove back to their apartment and just let her in. 

Toga put her shoes next to Miki's and had breakfast with them like this was all totally normal. After that they all went to sleep the previous night off and they even offered her the couch. In the end though, she was a lot like Miki and enjoyed sleeping behind a locked door and stayed in Miki's room instead. 

-------- -------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------ 

When she woke up, it was 5 in the afternoon. The sky was warm and orange and the clouds were a vibrant pink. Miki's bedroom smelled like lavender and fabric softener and Toga could hear one of the cats purring across the room. 

Miki was still sound asleep, his breath steady and even. He looked more comfortable than she even imagined the jumpy, anxious, homeless 14 year old could ever look. It made something bitter twist inside her. 

She was comfortable too. Hitoshi had given her some black cat print pajamas that were ridiculously soft and having so many living things in one south facing room had made Miki's entire bedroom into a nap-death trap. 

It all screamed comfort. 

Himiko didn't know how the feel about that and, in a flash decision, decided to leave. So she got up, carefully opened the door so as not to wake Miki up, and crept into the kitchen towards the front door. 

"Good afternoon. Did you sleep well?" A voice asked. Himiko flinched and immediately turned around. Miki's blonde dad was sitting on the couch, a book in his hand, wearing glasses. He looked very different from the night before. 

Despite the fact Toga was frozen from the anxiety of being called out, the man continued. "I don't think we've been formally introduced yet, little listener. Although I'm sure Miki has complained about me a lot. I'm Yamada Hizashi.". He got up as he was speaking just so he could hold his hand out for Toga to shake. 

It was strange to have an adult's respect. Usually they just acted like they knew Toga better than she did. Or they were screaming in fear. It was one of the two. She took the man's hand with a wide smile. 

"Toga Himiko." She replied, "I'm glad to finally meet these coveted father's Mimi's always talking about! You're prettier than I thought you'd both be!". Hizashi raised an eyebrow. "Mimi?" He asked rhetorically.

"It suits him." Toga said with a slight pout. Hizashi just smiled. 

"I'll have to write that one down. So far we've been calling him Minnie, but Mimi is cute too.". Toga nodded seriously, as this was serious business. 

They stood in silence for a moment before Toga spoke. "What happens to me now? Am I going to jail or do I have to not stab my way out of this?". It wasn't really a joke, and Hizashi knew that. 

"We're not going to turn you in. It wouldn't be the right thing to do, not after you saved my son." He said simply, "Honestly, we don't know what comes next for you, but I want you to know that Shota and I will try to make the best out of everything thrown at you.". 

Himiko nodded silently, absorbing the information. 

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ 

When Miki woke up, there was only one thing on his mind. Saving Bakugou. And he could do it too, he was sure that if he got Hitoshi, Himiko and maybe Midoriya together they could infiltrate the base and have him out of there in no time. 

So the three of them sat down in Hitoshi's room like they were holding some sort of candle-less séance. 

"So..." He began, pressing his lips into a thin line awkwardly. 

"You want us to do something dumb?" Hitoshi says, putting his head in his hands. Miki nodded, not even trying to hide it. Himiko giggled. 

"I think our quirks could really help. Also, Himiko already knows where they're being held." Miki explained, "You do know where he is, right?". 

Himiko nodded. "Yeah, I even know what room he's in. I was a pretty important part of that whole-thing." She said, like this was anything other than the kidnapping of a minor. 

"Why am I even helping you?" Hitoshi groaned. Miki just batted his eyelashes innocently. "What are you saying, brother dearest? I've never been trouble before.". 

Hitoshi groaned and threw himself back on his bed. 

"Fine, but this is the last time.". 

Miki and Himiko high fived. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

WHY IS SCHOOL SO DAMN HARD?!?!??!

Like seriously, I didn't sign up to be born. Why do I have to do any of this? 

Why do teachers feel the need to assign so much work all on the same day? 

But that's not the point of this fic! Some of you have talked about Toga being added to the family....how can you guys see my own plot points coming (╥﹏╥). You guys are all so good at predicting my plot twists now.

I'm just going to have to make them more extreme (¬‿¬)

Stay Tuned!