21: Well, Well, Well

"Mimi?!" 

Well decisions have been made, thoughts have been thunk and Miki was fucked. 

But lets explain how he got in this...peculiar situation. 

The day started off normal enough, Hizashi made pancakes for breakfast, Hizashi called the school to see when they were planning on actually letting him attend and Miki went with him to work. It was only the second day of the training camp anyways, nothing was likely to happen until 1-A started getting sick of spending time together 24-7. 

Well, he wasn't entirely right. Things didn't become a problem until, around 7pm Midoriya texted him to tell someone that there might be a forest fire nearby. Miki thought it was strange to say the least, no one had mentioned a high fire risk for the area they were in, although with a group of teens who could have fire quirk surrounded by wood it was entirely possible. Miki had told his foster dad, who had called his other foster dad, who said he didn't smell or see anything and it would be fine. 

15 minutes later, Miki couldn't stop thinking about it. His dad could be in danger. His dad could-

wait. 

Back the fuck up. 

His DAD? 

Miki involuntarily threw his face into his bed, trying to smother himself out of embarrassment. He seriously did not just think that about Shota. The 14 year old wracked his brain, searching for the moment the man had crossed from caretaker to parents and-the lines were so blurred. He had no idea when it happened. How long had he been doing it? What if he said something out loud? 

Hizashi and Shota had called him their son, but that might have been out of obligation. He was their foster son. 

But so was Hitoshi. Well, until they got back from the trip. Then he would be his real son. But Hitoshi already called them dad and pops. Does that mean Miki can too? Does that mean he should? Does that mean he wants to? 

He didn't know. He just didn't know. 

Just as it seemed he was going to spend the whole evening wallowing in self doubt, his phone chimed. Another message from Midoriya. 

'Midoriya Izuku shared his location, but we couldn't pinpoint it. This is our closest guess.'. 

It was an automated message, and one that gave him horrible deva vu from his encounter with the hero killer. 

Although Midoriya hadn't actually told him anything, it felt like Miki knew all he needed to. Quickly, he changed into some heavier pants. Ones less likely to cut easily. He put on a jacket and walked to the hall to grab his boots and go. 

Somewhere in his panicked state of mind he must have forgotten about Hizashi being in the house, as the moment he reached for the doorknob the pro hero's hand enveloped his. 

"Where are you going, treasure?" Hizashi asked, sounding a little jokey, but mostly concerned. "If I did or said something that upset you, you need to tell me about it. Not just leave again.". He pulled Miki around to face him and cupped his cheeks. 

"What's going on in that loud head of yours?" Hizashi asked calmly. It was a lie though, his hands were shaking ever so slightly. 

Miki felt like a piece of shit. He shouldn't have tried to do this, not after they lost him the first time. Running off was the last thing he should do. If he got hurt again, Midoriya might never forgive himself and neither will Shota. 

"Shota's in danger. Midoriya-he sent me his location. That's kind of our way of telling someone things are really bad. They need my help, he called out for me ." Miki put emphasis on the word, wanting Hizashi to know that he couldn't just go himself and leave Miki at home.