39: Sleepover Massacre pt. 1

Who's idea had it been to leave the kids alone in the teachers dorm? Oh, right. Theirs. 

It had started off well, but Shota was really starting to worry for his children's safety on their own. Why? 

Because the whole damn building was lit up like a birthday candle. 

But lets backtrack to how we got here.

------- ------- ------ ------ ------- ------- ------- ------- ------ -------- 

Matching pajamas. That was how this had all started. 

Hizashi bought them while he was out a few days ago, these fuzzy t-shirt and pants combinations with kitten patterns on them. He got one with blonde kittens, one with purple, one with pink and of course one tiny pair that was pure white for Eri. He had just been itching for an opportunity to have them all wear them.  

And he got one too-the U.A staff were having a celebration of surviving the past few months. Hizashi and Shota had agreed to go easily. They hadn't been out with just adults in ages being both parents and teachers. 

It also fell on the first day Eri was allowed out of the hospital for overnight visits with Shota. He was only allowed to have her out because Recovery Girl would be nearby, but still. It was a big deal, and they had promised they would throw her a party when she could leave the hospital. 

So why not combine the U.A outing and the pajamas and have a sleepover party? The couple wouldn't even be gone the whole night, probably getting home some time around 3 am, so not much could happen in that time. 

It really made them realize how much they worry and fuss over their kids. Sure, they had a lot of problems, but at the end of the day Himiko was already 17 and had spent quite a while living on her own. So had Miki for that matter. They were capable of being alone for one night. 

"Alrighty then," Hizashi said, pulling all the kids into one big hug, "I expect you to be the well behaved kids you all are.". Everyone laughed a little at that. 'Be well behaved' Was one way to to say 'if you crash my car again I'll kill you'. The pro hero took the time to kiss them all on the forehead, despite Miki and Hitoshi's shy protests, before putting his shoes on. 

"Himiko," Shota said, buttoning up his coat, "I know this doesn't really need to be said, but as the oldest you're in charge. That also means that if something goes wrong you do everything in your power to keep everyone safe.". That was a big deal. To Himiko saying 'everything' meant Shota was basically permitting the violence she once committed daily. The girl nodded with a resolute smile. 

"Of course she'll be responsible Sho." Hizashi chided his husband, "She's my baby. They're all remarkably strong.". With that, the couple left for the night, promising to keep their phones on and charged the whole night. 

The moment the door closed behind them the three oldest grinned at each other. This was gonna be fun.

------- ------- ------ ------ ------- ------- ------- ------- ------ --------

They started off just making dinner. Eri had never cooked before and Himiko was basically a professional chef so she had no problems showing her the ropes. In the end they had enough Gyudon to feed five of them, but that was beside the point. 

"What movie do you wanna start with Eri?" Hitoshi asked. The little girl smiled. "Ghibli!" She said excitedly. Himiko looked a little confused so Miki filled her in. 

"Mirio told her about Ghibli movies and she's been dying to see one." He explained. Toga nodded. "What if we watch a documentary after that? I love nature documentaries." She suggested. 

Hitoshi rolled his eyes. "You only like those for the fight scenes." He said, exasperated. Himiko just smiled, not denying a thing. 

They settled down in front of the tv without really bothering with the dishes. They would just wash them in the morning before their pops woke up and freaked out because they 'ruined his precious kitchen'. 

Eri decided that they should watch Ponyo first, so they pulled the blankets over themselves and passed around some snacks. 

------- ------- ------ ------ ------- ------- ------- ------- ------ --------

The siblings were halfway through the third movie, which was another ghibli movie and not a documentary, much to Himiko's disappointment, when something felt off. 

There was a quick knock at the door then silence. Miki moved to grab the remote and turn off the movie but Himiko stopped him. She left them in the living room and without a word made her way to the front door. The trio stayed silent, merely letting the noise from the movie fade into the background as they watched Himiko approach the door. 

"Who's there?" She called out, her voice calm and collected but a bit forceful. No one answered. The door didn't have a peephole, but it did have a small camera, so the teenager reached for the monitor to check the door. No one was there. Okay, weird. It might have just been part of the movie soundtrack. 

Himiko went to sit back down but was stopped by yet another knock at the door. She checked the camera one last time before giving up but stopped dead when she saw it. 

Spinner. Spinner was at the door. 

She felt a wave of anxiety wash over her. Himiko wouldn't even worry about it if she was on her own, but she wasn't. 

The knocking started again. 

"Toga open the fucking door. You think you can just ditch us and spill of the secrets to those damn fakes without any consequences? Well think again!" The villain all but growled. 

They were there to fight her. To make her pay for betraying them. 'Fight?!' Himiko thought, almost hysterically so, 'Who am I kidding?'.  

The league was going to kill her. They had executed traitors before, Toga had watched once or twice. 

But those traitors didn't have three kids depending on them. Well, maybe they wouldn't be as dependent as she thought. 

Quickly Toga shoved an end table in front of the door and ran to the kitchen. She reappeared in the living room holding three knives. Two she kept for herself and one she passed to Miki.  

The 14 year old was a little confused and looked up at his older sister with a worried expression. "Why are you giving the kid a knife? And why didn't I get one?" Hitoshi asked, moving to take the sharp object away from Miki. He was 14 sure, but not old enough to wield one of those. Besides Hitoshi was the second oldest, he should be protecting Miki. 

"He gets one because he can use it." Himiko said, a frighteningly serene smile on her face. 

"Everyone in the bathroom. Now.". 

---------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't think I would title the last arc this, but then Halloween started creeping up on me and I realized it was a perfect fit! 😅

Those of you who voted for 'Because' the Deku x OC fic from the last vote will be happy to know its coming out this weekend! Yay! I've just been a bit busy so it kept getting delayed. I had two tests for the same subject just this week alone! I'm struggling hard guys. 

BTW If I was to do a Halloween one shot for one of my fics, which one would you pick?