40: Sleepover Massacre pt. 2

It was quiet. Too quiet. Miki tried not to panic but given their current situation it wasn't easy. He was antsy, just wanting to tear the door open and brainwash everyone who tried to hurt them. 

Cupid's Gaze had never been such an appealing quirk to him. But now he wanted to use it, to help his family, but he couldn't. His hands trembled around the knife as he tried to hide it from Eri's view. 

Hitoshi, being the responsible sibling he was, called everyone. The police. Their parents. U.A security. Everyone. Miki was pretty sure he saw Midnight's number flash across the screen. 

Eri wasn't in much better shape. It looked like she had just shut down, not responding at all to the world around her. Pulling his headphones out of his pajama pant's pocket, Miki came up with a plan. He texted Mirio, telling him there was an emergency and he needed someone to focus on Eri, then dialed his number. He made it clear over text that Eri was not to respond to him. They had to be silent. But she could have him talk her through it and distract her while they waited. 

"Here Eri." He said, placing the ear buds in her tiny ears with a bit of difficulty. "Mirio's gonna talk to you, okay? But you have to stay super quiet, so no responding to him, okay? Just listen to him.". The girl nodded, looking more aware and less panicky as her savior's voice filtered into her ears. 

Suddenly, a thud rang out in the apartment. Everyone froze and stared at the door. Their eyes were wide like it was about to explode or something. "What do we do?!" Miki whisper-shouted. Hitoshi raised a finger to his mouth to signal the boy to quiet down. 

"Nothing." He said, his tone hushed. "We're going to do what Himiko says and wait for someone to help.". 

"You want to be a hero, don't you?" Miki asked, his eyes shining with determination. Hitoshi glared at his brother. 

"Heroes listen when told to and don't do dumb things that could get them killed." Hitoshi said, as calmly and quietly as possible. Miki bit the inside of his cheek, but decided to let it go for now. If something went wrong though, he'd beat the door down himself. 

--------- ----------- --------- -------- --------- --------- -------- -------- ----------

"Leave me alone." Toga said, her face wearing a deceivingly petulant expression. Spinner just laughed. 

"We're not that easy." He said, taking another step into the apartment. Himiko flinched and took another one back herself, keeping some distance between them. He had already destroyed the make-shift barricade and broken into the apartment. It couldn't get much worse from here. 

"Are you alone or did you bring your friends with you?" She asked, smirking a little. Spinner huffed out a laugh. "Why would I try to face you alone?" He said, chuckling to himself. Himiko clicker her tongue. This wasn't going to be easy. 

"Why hurt the kids?" She asked, "They didn't do shit. I'm the only villain here.". Spinner took another step towards Himiko, but this time she didn't back off. 

"Your actions have consequences." He explained, lunging at Toga. She dodged at the last minute, using her knife to cut at his arms a couple times before she pushed herself back against a wall. The villain all but growled, going back in for another attack. 

Himiko gritted her teeth and prepared for a fight. 

--------- ----------- --------- -------- --------- --------- -------- -------- ----------

"This isn't going fast enough." Shigaraki complained. "We were supposed to execute the traitor and call it a day. This is taking too long.". 

Dabi snorted. "You think it'll that easy to kill your ex employee? She's talented and I'm sure she's still got some knives on her. No way she completely changed. No one can." He said. Shigaraki just shook his head.