Subjective | Chapter 5

I sunk down on my office chair, looking at the empty seat beside mine. She really didn't come today, I thought she'd be too much of a pussy to do so.

Where is Jennie?

I coughed, "Skipped."

Why? Wait are you sure she skipped?

"I'm pretty sure—" I stopped short in my sentence.

God we're late! Dad is so slow.

My lips curved up into a smile, and I faced down to hide it. Guess she is a pussy after all.

I can almost hear you smiling Jisoo. Lisa said in a playful tone.

I scoffed, "Shut up."

"Hello Jisoo unnie," Jennie greeted with a warm smile. Feels nice to see her dressed formally for work.

I blinked, "Is your head still hurting from yesterday?"

She shook her head and sat down, "No. But just now in Dad's car... there was a flash again."

Lisa laughed in my head: Wonder you two were up to last night.

I turned to Lisa and glared at her. She was wearing a black blazer, to which I narrowed my eyes at. Jennie looked at Lisa too, then the both of us turned to each other, looking at one another with this odd look.

Didn't she say that Lisa was wearing a black blazer last night? Woah, such a coincidence.

Black blazer? That is the exact same one I saw yesterday in that flash— Wait, what?

"Coincidence I suppose."

She nodded.

We all started work, and I tried to invade Jennie's head, not just hearing her thoughts, but trying to see them. I could get glimpses of food, Sushi with fish roe. I laughed to myself.

"Craving sushi?" I questioned the younger girl.

She looks over at me, Yeah, how'd you know?

I smile, "I can see it."

Since when could you see people's thoughts too? Jennie questioned in my head

I shrug, "Comes naturally." I bit my bottom lip, contemplating whether I should ask her about what I had in my head.

Are you thinking of something?

"Let's go have sushi for lunch later," I suggested, rather than asked. Way to go Jisoo.

Jennie grinned from ear to ear, "Really? Okay!"

Lisa scoffed in my head. What about Rosie and me?

I flashed Jennie a smile before turning away and whispering, "Fuck off Lisa."

Rude, but okay. I'll take Rosie somewhere else then.

"Rosie?" I muttered into my coffee mug.

My nickname for her. Don't steal it!

I scoffed, just loud enough for her to catch. Suddenly, I heard a quiet groan coming from my right.

I turned to see Jennie's eyes clammed shut again, and I already knew what was going on.

"Jennie," my hand was placed on hers, gripping it tightly. "Are you okay?"

Jisoo, get in my head. She demanded inaudibly.

I did as she demanded.

What I saw was so surprising.