Bouquet of Flowers | Chapter 13

"Park Jae Yeon, my office now!" Mr Kim's voice echoed.

What a great start to my day, I just stepped into the office and chaos was already here.

Jennie was already here and working. I sat, "Good morning."

"Morning," she responded shortly.

I blinked. This was new? Did I do something?

She wasn't thinking about anything related to me, so I guess not?

Ugh why is this bothering me? Work is more important.

Lisa tapped my shoulder, "Rosie and I are done with this portion for the Black Label Project, you and Jennie can look at it and let us know if there any more edits needed."

I nod, "Thank you Lisa." I cleared my throat before leaning in, "Did anything happen?"

She blinked: Uhm no?

"Are you sure?" I whispered.

Not anything that would make her upset? I don't know, maybe she's got a case of the grumps.

I scoffed, "So something happened?"

She turned back, and I turned around to see Jennie looking over at me, "Can I have a look at that?"

I smiled, "Let's look at it together."

She blinked, "I think you might want to go downstairs to the receptionist again. So I'll have a look at that since you'll be busy."

I am so confused. Her tone was rough, and she was being very direct. Very not Jennie.

She reaches over to take it but I didn't let her, "We're looking at it together."

Jennie let go of the paper, "Fine you can have a look at it first. I have to get this done anyway."

Then she faced her computer again. Damn, she really got the case of the grumps. I wonder who's next.

You're in trouble Jisoo. Lisa's voice rang in my head.

"Well no fucking shit? What happened?" I whispered into my cup in shock.

The receptionist came up with a bouquet of flowers and they were left for you.

"What the— why?"

Like I would know? They said they'd come up again, or you could just go down to get it.

"No— who sent it?"

Don't know. They never mentioned.

I cursed under my breath. It better not be from who I think it is, because if it was, then I indeed am in hot soup.

I inhaled, "Here you go, since you wanted it so bad."

I slipped the report on Jennie's table before leaving. Wow, amazing. Everything I'm doing is backfiring.

I scoffed at her thoughts as I entered the lift. What's with the hard attitude? Did she want my attention again? God she's hopeless. Even if she did like me, she really didn't have to play so hard to get.

She could just tell me.

No but I'd have to reject her cold and hard. That's gonna be really awkward for us.

The lift reached ground floor and I trudged to the reception area, "Hi I'm Kim Jisoo. Is there something left behind for me?"

The receptionist nodded and handed me a big bouquet of flowers, "These were left by a lady."