Red Thread of Fate | Chapter 10

At the lunch table, all Jennie could think of was Park Jae Yeon. Park Jae Yeon this, Park Jae Yeon that. Was he handsome, was he as good as she thought her ideal boyfriend would be, would her father approve of him.

It was all.

Too.

Much.

I'm running thin on my patience. The three were talking about whatever they were but all I could focus on were Jennie's loud and frustrating thoughts.

She shouldn't let someone with a mere crush cloud her mind like that. She had to focus on work! She's the CEO's daughter—

No. I can't go there. I'm different from the rest. Let's not practise double standards here.

"Sorry. I need to go to the washroom," I mutter after I finished my food.

They were all alarmed by my tone as I walk away.

What's up with Jisoo unnie? Chaeyoung thought.

Oi, what's up with you? Lisa asked demandingly in my head.

Jennie wasn't even bothered by my sudden absence from the table. God, she's so obsessed with Park Jae Yeon it's making me... sick!

I wonder if he works out.

Oh for fuck's sake! Even hiding in the washroom won't help me get away from her obsessive thoughts over that stupid man. I wish we never spoke to her about him. I'm so fucking annoyed by this. First it was him all about Jennie, now? It was the complete reverse.

Maybe I'll just get Mr Kim to fire all the men in the company so that she won't get so distracted by men.

I lingered for a while before going back.

Lisa shot me a glance: Are you jealous Jisoo?

I frowned at Lisa as I sat, "Jealous of what Lalisa?"

Jennie turned to look at me, for once! Finally! God damn it she didn't even pay me a glance the whole lunch time!

Lisa scoffed: Park Jae Yeon?

"That's just absurd Lisa. You know it," I retaliated bitterly. How could she ever think I'm jealous of that man who got demoted because he was caught watching porn on the office computer? Men are so filthy. I can't believe I'm straight.

Chaeyoung was completely confused, but Jennie's eyes stuck on me. She's jealous?

I ignore her, just as she was the whole lunch time. I'm so petty, it's so bad.

"Are you sure Jisoo?" Lisa questioned, seemingly not believing me. I could hear you cursing in the toilet Jisoo.

I glare at her, "I dropped my phone."

"Yeah right, I would've heard that too," Lisa rolled her eyes.

Chaeyoung blinked, "Is Jisoo unnie jealous of someone?"

I exhaled heavily, "Let's drop this topic shall we?"

Jennie's eyes never left my face. There's no way she's jealous about that is she?