Baking | Chapter 21

"I..." I could only mumble. Being this close to her only reminded me of how she brought her lips to mine, and I felt the need to pull away, but my body wasn't cooperating.

She blinked at me, "You?"

"I feel things when I'm with you," I confessed. Fear was paralysing me, and at that moment I wished that it didn't because I needed to hear what she was thinking. I heard nothing but my own. I was too fearful to focus.

Jennie smiled faintly at me, "I'm happy you feel that way Jisoo."

Then, a car honked at us because apparently he needed to park in the lot where we were clearly having a moment. This is so horrible.

She laughed and placed her hand on mine, "You should let go."

I do as told, and I couldn't stop the blood from rushing up to my cheeks.

I continued walking towards the lift, trying to shove all my thoughts away. This is getting worse each time we get so close. 

I swear, it's because Yuna told me we're soulmates that I'm starting to feel these weird feelings.

That stupid idea!

I didn't even believe in soulmates until she came along!

God damn it, she's really influencing me so much. I don't think it'll take long for her to completely change me. And that's honestly horrible.

I don't change for anyone.

When we got to my place again, Dalgom came and rubbed his head against her leg, "Aw he loves me so much!"

I rolled my eyes, "Dalgom, wrong person." He barked before wagging his tail excitedly.

I set out groceries on the table before inhaling, "Let's mess this kitchen up shall we?"

Please don't say anything about just now. Please don't.

She smiled, "Let's mess it up!"

We had her phone by the counter as I grabbed all the other ingredients that I had.

She had worn my only apron, and not gonna lie, that apron never looked good on me either.

"We need to soften the butter at roo—" I threw some flour from the bag at her, staining the apron she was donning, "Hey!" She did not just!

She reached over to try and grab some flour but I moved it away before she could, "No!"

Her laughter was filling my ears, which made me ecstatic hearing it. It was starting to be concerning how every small thing she does can make me happy.

"Ha! Got you!" she exclaimed after putting some flour on my cheek.

"Okay okay! We need to melt the butter then what?" I asked, trying to get serious.

She leaned over to read the instructions from her phone, "Add eggs and sugar to a bowl and use the hand mixer to whip it— Wait, do you have a hand mixer?"

I bent down to look for it before pulling it out, "Why do you think I have an oven but no baking items?"

"You said you don't bake!"

"I said I'm bad at it, not that I don't!"

"You're annoying!"

"You're annoying!"

"Whip the eggs and sugar!"

I scoffed, "I don't have a whip at home."

"I do," Jennie responded.