Bothered | Chapter 9

The next day approaches, and I carry myself to my seat as usual.

She sounds so hot talking like that. And her outfit today just makes everything even better. Someone thought.

I looked up from my phone to see Jennie talking the the team we picked.

"Right so that's the plan that I have, maybe when Jisoo arrives we can discuss further."

"Jisoo is here," I announced.

Jennie smiled, "Speak of the devil." She looks cute today, and thank the heavens she's here now.

I roll my eyes, "What were we discussing?"

I wish she picked me to join their team... I really want to work with Jennie. I want to get to know her better. The same voice thought in my head. I was mildly disturbed by how this mysterious person was literally just thinking out loud about Jennie.

"I let them know about what to take care of. Nayeon and Jeongyeon are doing some research and reports, Seulgi and Joohyun will help with contacting others, Lisa and Chaeyoung will be managing funds while you and I, we oversee everything. What do you think?"

She's even so responsible. Damn it makes her even hotter. That person should really stop thinking now. It is really bothering me at work. Why haven't I noticed this voice until now?

"Sounds good to me. You're great at this partner," I commended with a smile. Jennie smiled back shyly.

She then dispatched everyone to start, and so I sat down, feeling extremely annoyed at the mysterious person fantasising about Jennie.

"You know what I found out about soulmates yesterday night?" Jennie asked suddenly. Why does she look annoyed?

Before I could answer, the voice invaded my head again. She believes in soulmates too? I hope she's my soulmate! Whoever you are, watch your back, and you better sleep with your eyes open. I don't want to hear about you and your stupid crush on Jennie.

"What did you find out?"

Jennie's excitement surfaced on her face as her face lit up. She wants to know!

"Apparently soulmates can share gifts too! They can either be immune to each other's gift, be able to have their soulmate's gift completely, or they could have their soulmate's gift partially! How cool is that?" Her tone went higher.

I wonder what her gift is!

I blinked, "Well then. I hope you find your soulmate soon."

Why's she being short today? Jennie's tone in her thoughts sounded scared, and I felt bad upon hearing it.

"Sorry. I'm not being short. It's just— something's bothering me."

I wonder what's her relationship with Kim Jisoo. They look close. The voice seemed louder, which indicated the person was closer in range. I look up past Jennie to see a group of 4 colleagues walking past our aisle. The culprit had to be one of them.

Jennie blinked, "Is everything okay?" Please tell me if anything's going on.

"I guess. It's just— someone's having very annoying thoughts that I wish I can block out, but I can't. Their thoughts are very disturbing," I blurted.

Could it be mine? I better stop thinking about her then. Jennie stalls for a moment before uttering, "Oh."

Was that all she had to say? I expected her to pry.

"What thoughts?"

There it was. The prying Jennie that I knew. I shouldn't have asked that...

"It seems to me someone in the office is having a tiny crush or eye candy on someone else. And I really don't want to hear it."