Who's My Soulmate? | Chapter 17

We were all at the hall, and guests were coming in everywhere. Jennie was situated close next to me— she seems to be stuck with me today and I have no idea why.

"Hey," I whispered.

She nodded, "What?"

I smiled at her, "You look really nice."

Jennie rolled her eyes, "Stop it." Don't say that.

"What? I was paying you a compliment," I huffed.

I'm gonna think about this later for sure.

"Well, you don't look bad yourself," she said with a small smile. Then she reaches out and soothes the collared part of my dress, pressing her finger tips down on the seam, "I like this dress."

I felt something blocking my voice box, and I was suddenly unable to speak, "I— Thank you."

The girl smiled, "You're oddly nice today."

Yeah, I noticed that too.

"I'm always nice," I said defensively. "You're just too busy with Chahee to notice." Wow, that came out of nowhere. I didn't even mean to say that.

She sounds jealous... I promise I'm not.

"Chahee just came today," she pointed out.

"Do you know what Yuna told me?" I asked, changing the topic.

Her expression changed, from one that was sly to a confused one, "I— No?"

"She can see strings like Park Jae Yeon can," I said with a smile. "Even better news, you might not be his proclaimed soulmate."

Thank God! Hell I don't like him. Messy eaters are a no for me.

"Why'd you say so?" she asked.

I pouted in response to her thoughts, "I'm a messy eater."

She scoffed, "I didn't ask. Now answer my question."

I grinned at her eagerness, "Yuna said people with that gift can't see the people they're bounded to."

Jennie's eyes lit up, and her face was so radiant upon hearing my announcement. She looked beautiful when she was happy. I just wished she was happy all the time.

Makes me feel happy too.

"Damn! That's the best thing you've ever told me!" she exclaimed.

I pouted again, "Is it really the best?"

She nodded without hesitation, "Everything else you say is annoying."

"Even when I told you that I couldn't lose you?" I pouted further.

Stop pouting! She looks so bloody cute like that— ugh.

"Fine. That's the second best thing you've told me," she admitted defeat.

I smile in victory, "Aw... someone's getting soft for me."

Jennie rolled her eyes, "Soft? Gross." Soft is an understatement.

"Oh really? I think I might have heard a little fly thinking: soft is an understatement. Hm... I wonder if that fly happens to be named Jennie Kim?" I teased.

She pinched my arm, "Stop intruding on my thoughts! Some things are personal!"

"I can't help it!" I exclaimed in return. "I hear you from a further distance so when you're closer it's just way more prominent!"

The girl wasn't buying it, so she rolled her eyes again, "Just say you're in love with me and go."

I laughed. I freaking laughed. Why the hell would I laugh? I should've shut it down. But I laughed. Do y'all know how big of a problem this is? I laughed! Laughing is not good!