Butterflies | Chapter 24

She blinked at my statement. I'm not hearing things right? Jennie tore her eyes away from me, leaving me bewildered.

She's not gonna reject me right? Because that'd be embarrassing and sad. She wanted me, so why is she taking so long to answer me?

"But what if we don't work out?" She asked, looking back at me with a serious expression. I don't want to ruin this that we have.

She was afraid, but I am too. Why couldn't we just try together, and I'm sure by the math rules— negative and negative cancels out, so maybe if we got into this together, our fear would dissipate.

"If we don't try, we never know, right? Besides... I'm sure if we don't end up being together in a relationship, we'd be the best of friends," I said reassuringly.

I wanted this too. Honestly, I never wanted to get into a relationship with someone so badly in my life. My feelings for her are just so strong, and I have no clue why.

She looks troubled this time by my determination, "How are you so sure Jisoo? What if we—"

"Because you're my soulmate."

My what?

Once I spoke that sentence, I regretted it. How could I just let it out so easily? It was almost stupid of me to let it slip out like ice.

So I was right. She is my soulmate. I hate this jittery feeling I have. It's making me all nervous and scared. Why am I so scared? I was so sure of this just a few days ago. Why am I so apprehensive now?

"Look, even if this ends badly, I won't let it go to waste," I said, holding her hand tighter. "I won't let this just all be ruined." I was trying to hide my blush, because it was embarrassing saying these things.

She held my hand back, "I would Jisoo, but I'm so scared. What if we can't ever go back? What if we don't end up together in the future and—"

"Jennie," I called. I squeezed her hand again, "I'm not gonna let it happen. You have to trust me. I like you, I genuinely do— And I don't want to lose you, ever! So you need to trust me."

She looked at me tenderly. God, look at her all determined. Am I seriously gonna be her girlfriend? I'm seriously the luckiest person on Earth— She's my soulmate too, everyone can suck my non-existent dick.

I laughed, "Your thoughts are so inappropriate sometimes."

She rolled her eyes, "You should've told me you were my soulmate."

"I wanted to, but the timing didn't seem right anytime, so I kept it from you. I mean, I thought you would've figured it out after hearing my thoughts... Guess you're not as bright as you seem after all," I teased.

Jennie clicked her tongue, "You're lucky you're so cute."

I smiled. So this is what it feels like to be in love with someone— Love is too early. To really really like someone.

Pure happiness and bliss.

"Wait, you haven't agreed," I said, realising she hasn't given me an answer.

She smirked, "You didn't really ask me, did you? You just said you wanted to give us a try, you never specifically ask if I would be your girlfriend."

I blushed. The word girlfriend seems to have an effect on me.

All these years, I've always thought boyfriend would be the word. But today, I'm getting myself a girlfriend, a girl that managed to capture my stone cold heart and make me like her so badly.