Chapter 51

My ears were still ringing when I was finally able to perch myself up on my elbows, my legs still splayed wide for my husband who was standing at his full, intimidating height. My arousal could have jostled my sense of time, but it seemed that he was hesitating. Fingers were hooked under the waist band of his trousers but they had yet to move.

"What is it?" I whispered. "Was I too loud? Do you think someone will come."

"No, no, of course not. These walls are solid. You have nothing to worry about."

"Then what is it?"

Even in the dim light, I could see the embarrassment in the way he looked away. Just as I could tell that he was willing those pants to fall off his body but could not physically make it happen.

"I know what I want," he whispered finally. "And I want it so badly, but... I'm unpracticed. I understand the mechanics well enough." He sucked in a breath that puffed up his proud chest but did nothing but aid his awkwardness. "I'm afraid that I'm going to do something wrong or make this unpleasant for you and that is the last thing I want to happen."

Considering that I was to be queen and that I was lying on an old wooden table - naked at that - I probably shouldn't have snorted and rolled my eyes. Then again, I had never been considered the politest diplomat. "If you have forgotten, I am completely unpracticed as well."

"Yes, but I am the man," Leo sighed, exasperated.

"Well that is a stupid reason. If I am to be unpracticed and nervous it only makes sense that you should be as well. How are we supposed to learn each other if one of us has been studying others for far too long?" I took a deep breath and sat all the way up, forcing Leo to meet my gaze. "I trust you and I love you. We will communicate through this and each time it will get better."

"God I adore you," Leo whispered and just like that those dreaded trousers were discarded. When he sprung free, it was a shock all over again. And Leo's embarrassment gave away to an arrogant smirk. "Stand up and turn around for me."

I had no fear when I did as he asked. He commanded me to spread my legs wide, standing between them, his body so close to mine that I could feel his heat. Palms pressed against my back, slowly easing me down until my forearms were braced on the table. I was thoroughly distracted from my positioning when something pressed against me. When he pressed against me. His hands were on the table now, his arms caging me in.

"I want you to move however feels good," he whispered, his lips brushing the shell of my ear.

I shifted backwards and the pressure escalated, pushing and pushing until suddenly he was inside me. 

"Oh." The unexpectedness stunned me and the pinch of pain, the uncomfortable tightness was enough to take my breath away.

One of the arms caging me in disappeared and a second later fingers were drifting over that little bud that had made me scream so shortly before. My knees softened, my back arched, and my head tipped back.

"There's my girl," Leo murmured, then ever so slowly, his hips began to move.

The uncomfortable tightness faded, or maybe it was simply overshadowed by the rush of pleasure that filled my veins. One moment I was trying to catch my breath, worried and starting to panic, the next my eyes were rolling back and my body was moving on its own accord. Sometimes my grip was focused on the sturdy table, sometimes it was clinging to Leo's forearm. I let him do the work every now and then, and other times I pushed myself backwards onto him, demanding more. Things were pouring out of my mouth, what they were exactly I didn't know. I imagined it was encouragement and approval.