Selection Day(flashback)

I'm Lucifer's office~

"Be careful it's pretty windy outside, the profiles will-" as Lucifer opens the window. "-fly all over the room."  Lucifer sighs.  "Do you need help?"  Diavolo asks.  "No, I got it." As the papers fell, one fell right at Lucifer's feet.  "Hmm, look at this one, what do you think?"  He hands it to Diavolo.  "Sure, seems like a good choice to me."  "Are you sure about that, what do you have there?"  Lucifer asks.  Diavolo looks at the profile and doesn't say anything.  "Diavolo? Diavolo!"  "Oh, just another candidate that fell into my lap, no pun intended, hehe." He jokes. "Well place it with the others."  Diavolo goes to place the profile down but not before reading it. (24 years of age, college graduate, married. WAIT MARRIED!). There was something about her, something he couldn't quite put his finger on, but he couldn't take his eyes off of her. (Brianna.)  "Lucifer, I think we need to talk about Belphagor?"  He continues.  "I know he's your brother and he's against the whole exchange student idea."  Lucifer responds.  "I know and I will have a talk with him, tonight." 
   After the meeting Diavolo went back to the castle while Lucifer remain is his study, and at the castle he was greeted by his butler Barbatos.  "Good evening Young Master, I take it the selection went well?"  "Yes, the exchange student is set and plans are underway."  Diavolo smiles.  "Barbatos, do you believe in coincidences?"  "Yes, Young Master, why do you ask?"  "When Lucifer opened a window, all of the profiles went flying around the room, one fell right at his feet and another fell into my lap? Usually those are signs of what's to come, right?"  Barbatos just listens.  "She looked familiar thought, somebody I-"  He stops and chuckles. "-never mind.  Is the tea ready? Cake? Pudding from Madam Scream's?" "The Young Master is correct, I have pudding from Madam Scream's it's waiting for you in your office." "Excellent!"  Diavolo made his way to the office.  (Brianna? Why am I still thinking about her?).

Flash forward to present day~

   "Good Morning class!  My name is Mrs. Parks- Holden and I will be your substitute teacher."  Today was the first day here at Knoxville Middle and I'm just here until the regular teacher comes back from maternity leave.  Last week I was at Sycamore Elementary and I loved it there, I will miss all the wonderful kids!  When I finally get set in a school, I am going to be an awesome teacher!  "Now let's take role and then we can start with today agenda."  While taking role a few students came in late. "No problem, go ahead and take your seat we will be starting, now can we take out our math books.  It says here we're working on fractions."  The students grown.  With three hours passing by and the lunch bell rings.  And with that I get to relax and play Mononoke Land, yep I'm addicted!  I also received a call from my husband, Tony, wanting to go out to eat tonight.  (Ah yes my husband and I are trying to start a family, we will one day!).  After the school day ends, I make my way to the restaurant, and Tony was waiting.  "Hey sweetie, how was your day?"  I ask.  "Tons of practice. You?"(Minor League Baseball player). "It was awesome, I can't wait to finally get a school now!"  "You said that about your last school."  "Yeah, but I love children, and one day we will be parents."  I said hinting.  "And we will." After we finish dinner, we get home, and enjoyed our evening. 

One month goes by since subbing at Knoxville Middle and the regular teacher returned. (That hurts!). I decided to go watch Tony practice.  It's an open practice anyways so fans can come, watch and even talk to up-and -coming players.  I arrive at the stadium to see him practice like I use to in college, and notice he's talking to the fitness trainers.  I don't want to interrupt so I go sit down, until I see them kiss.  I walk up to them.  "What the hell are you doing Tony?"  He jumps and turns to me.  The trainer tries to walk away but he stops her.  "I didn't know you would be here."  He responds.  "What type of excuse is that?  Don't you know he's married, bitch?"  Tony interrupts.  "Yeah, about that, I want a divorce?"  I turn to him.  "What did you say?"  He repeats himself.  "I want a divorce, and I want to be with her." (Her name is Tiffany).  As I stared at him, I wanted nothing more but to hit him with the baseball bat, but I didn't. (Not to him anyways, but his vehicle is fair game.). "Look, we haven't been happy in weeks, you've been stressed, you want a baby, and this perfect family, I don't.  Come on Brianna, don't make this hard on us.  Look I gotta go.  I'm staying at Tiffany's tonight."  She smiled at me, as she walks off after my husband.  I felt like smashing his vehicle now but I keyed the car.  One continuous scratch along the sides all the way around as well several laps.  I couldn't believe this, my life shattered in front of me.  What will I do now?

The following week Tony packed almost all his things.  Since I'm not working, I've been home trying to talk to him.  He just brushes past me and leaves.  My mother came over.  "Brianna, how you doing sweetie?"  I just broke and cried on her lap.  "I know, just take your time. Want something to drink?"  "No mom, I'm just hurt, mad, pissed at him, with myself, glad we didn't get pregnant because this would be terrible timing."  I said as my mom stroke my hair.  "I know, you two talked about becoming parents one day.  I know it hurts honey, we'll get through this one day at a time, okay?"  I smiled at my mom, got up and decided to do something.  "Yeah, I'm going to do something about it."  My mother makes a comment. "How about you go shower?  I know your heartbroken but funky can be fixed."  I laugh as I head to the bathroom.  "While your washing yourself, wash these sheets, blankets, and dishes too."  I yell. "Yes mother!"