Back To Normal

A few days went by and Brianna is waiting to go to her doctors appointment.  She grabs all that she needs for the first appointment.  She made sure not to pee too, per doctors orders.  (I wish Diavolo could join me.  I haven't called him yet.  What was the point of getting his phone and not calling him.  Okay call him.). Brianna pulls out the red D.D.D. he gave her.

~ring~ring~rin..
"Brianna?"
"Hello sweetheart, how have you been?"
"Terrible, you haven't called me, until now.  Why didn't you tell me your appointment is today."
"You're right.  I figured you were really busy, and I didn't want me to bother you too much.  I know you're super important, and I'm sorry."
"I'm never too busy for you!  All you have to do is call."
"You're right."
"I love you,"
"I love you too!
"I'll be right there!"
~click~

Brianna turned around and standing behind her was Diavolo.  She walked up to him, and gave him a hug and a kiss. Diavolo responded back with a hug, kiss, and a butt grab.  "You ready to go?" Brianna nods her head. "Yep!"

The drive over to the clinic wasn't too far, it was the waiting that took the longest. Once they reached the clinic, got themselves checked in, and was instructed to give a urine sample, Brianna stepped away, while Diavolo waited in the waiting area. He looked around and saw pictures of babies everywhere, tons of families with children, single parents, families with multiples, some mixed race families and even same sex families. He picked up one of the magazines that was saying 23 must haves for babies first day home. "Hmm, that's helpful." (Car seat, crib and mattress, receiving blankets, regular blankets, bed sheets for the mattress, stroller, baby swing, cloth diapers and pins, bottles, changing table, diapers, wipes, clothes, socks, bibs, bouncer, bassinet, diaper bag, diaper genie and the diaper genie refills, pacifiers, toys, baby books, and most importantly LOVE.). He took a picture of the article, and put his phone away. Brianna made her way back from the bathroom. "Hey, you read anything good?" He nodded. "Yes, 23 must haves for babies first day home. Looks like we have some work to do." Brianna giggled. "Yeah, I read something similar to that. It so much stuff, I never knew babies needed all of this. And also I heard that if your having multiples, times that by the number of babies. So 2 car seat, 2 cribs, I don't know if I'm ready for all of this." Diavolo placed his arm around her. "Hey, you know you aren't doing this alone, I'm here, I have my little demons, and even Barbatos and we are doing this together." And he kissed her forehead. "Miss. Parks?" Brianna acknowledge the nurse. "Please come with us, we have a room for you." She and Diavolo held hands and walk towards the room.

Once they settled into the room, the OB talked to them. "So, this is your first visit. How are you two feeling today?" Both of them responded. "Good thank you." "Nervous!"  The OB went over some questions they had about family history, and some personal questions too. "Okay, so lay back and we will see if we can hear the babies heartbeat." She proceeded to place some gel on her lower abdomen and put the hand wand in that area. They heard a strong heartbeat at first. "That's your heartbeat, I will move this over to see if we hear the babies, just one second." After rolling around a minute, we heard a tiny faint heartbeat. "And that's the baby. Now I can't hear the other one, but you are also still very early too. You are about 9 weeks now, from the ultrasound you gave us from the hospital. We will need to do another ultrasound here as well. And we will do that next. Do you have any questions you want to ask?" Diavolo asked. "We are new at this, and we don't know what to do. I read this article about things to need, so you have to get all of this?" Brianna shook her head. "Yeah, it's very overwhelming getting 2 of everything." The OB laughs. "I can tell you two are new parents, some of those things are suggestive too. Let me see your list." Brianna pulled out the book and Diavolo used the magazine. "Okay, now some of these comes in multiples options like the stroller, they have strollers for twins, and triplets and so on, so you don't have to get two but if you want to push one, and she wants to push the other, you can. Now as for diapers always have more than you need, they have disposable and cloth as options, you will be changing the baby almost every hour, everyday, until you potty train them. Now if you go the cloth route, you will need to wash them after ever use, dry and sanitize.  Wipes as well, you will need wipes until they reach school age, they will get messy once they start eating food, wipes clean all that up. A diaper genie is helpful, but a simple trash can would work too. Let me see, cribs, now you will need two, but if you have one that's fine, because they will be so tiny, you won't need to right now, but you will need two beds once they get older. Clothes, you will need tons of clothes, tons of socks, tons of blankets, those are must haves. Now your list has bottles and his doesn't, now will you be looking into breastfeeding?" Brianna's eyes widened. "What? What's that?" Brianna asked. "You will produce milk to feed your babies. Oh! You didn't know that. Will you two be taking any parenting classes? I think you should." And OB handed them some papers. "We have classes here, we go through all the things needed for the baby, how to take care of the baby, and also we give baby cash, that goes towards items needed for the baby." They sat there taking in all the information. "I didn't know children needed all this. I need a minute." Brianna said. "Okay, I will go get that room ready, and I will come back for you. Don't go anywhere."