The Waiting...

After Patrick left and Diavolo went back to Devildom, Brianna tried to make the best of it. "Okay, well I guess it's just me and you two then. We'll go out and eat by ourselves." Brianna grabbed her purse and her lab top and headed out the door.  After some careful decisions, she went to Panera to eat.  Once Brianna got there, she was able to find a seat, eat some human world food, and look online for baby items.  While standing in line she look around and saw a family with four children sitting down eating as a family, the kids were too cute.  Then she saw a woman who was pregnant as well but very, very pregnant.  Some fathers were holding their children as the mothers ate, a couple women breastfeeding their babies in the corner.  Which brought joy but also sadness to Brianna eyes her eyes got moist.  "Next!  Whose next?"  The cashier asks.  "Hello, can I get the hot open face hot turkey sandwich on wheat please.  And make that a meal with the macaroni and cheese, and broccoli.  And I'll have a water to drink.  Then can I get a macaroni and cheese to go, it's so good.  And a chocolate chip cookie too please."  The cashier rings her order up.  "Will that be everything ma'am?"  Brianna nods and pays for her food.  "All set, we will have it ready, please wait over here for it."  She took her computer and walked over to a empty table and placed her belongings down.  Brianna went to get her drink, but she was thinking about all the baby things she would need to buy,  and not seeing where she was going she ran into someone.  "Uff" Brianna immediately apologizes. "I'm so sorry!"  The guy turned around and it was a person she kinda knew, a baseball player who played on the same team as Tony.  "Evan?"  This Evan person, turned and noticed her.  "Hey Brianna!  So good to see you again, how have you been?"  They have a side hug, and had a small conversation.  "I'm going better.  How about you?  I heard you got selected! Congratulations!"  He smiled.  "Yeah, I got traded too, to the Astros.  But it feels great 3 years in the minors was trouble.  Is Tony getting selected too?"  Brianna looked at him shocked and shrugged her shoulders.  "Im surprised you didn't see, but we aren't together anymore.  He was cheating on me with that trainer Tiffany."  He was shocked and started laughing.  "That idiot.  She slept with everyone, and I mean everyone.  Well one mans loss is another mans gain."  He eyes Brianna up and down, but Brianna tries to move the conversation along.  "Hey it was nice seeing you, I have to get my food.  Congratulations again!"  Evan took Brianna hand a kissed it.  "Good to see you too.  Take care of yourself."  Brianna took back her hand and walked away.  She waved to him bye, and got her food.  (Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. Diavolo would not be happy about that.)

   Once she sat back at her table, she was able to get online and look up baby things.  Her phone ringed but it wasn't her human world phone, it was her Devildom phone.

"Hello sweetie!"
"So whose the guy?"

  Brianna cocked her eyebrow, and looked around the store and outside too, trying to see if he was here already.

"Relax I'm not there."
"How do you know about that?  And he's just a old teammate with Tony.  That's all."
"I trust you, but I don't trust him.  Do I need to come back?"
"You know I would love for you too, I want you here now, I want to be with you now.  But right now your not and either you can't tell me or won't tell me.  But I miss you."
"I miss you too, but I have so much to do.  I will talk to you later.  Send me some pictures, I do love pictures.  I'll definitely send you some of me."
Brianna giggled.  "I can't wait!"
"I will see you in a few days, think of me.  Bye!"
"Bye."

   As Brianna's phone call ended, someone approached her.  "Hey Brianna you mind if I sit with you?"  Brianna looked up and it was Evan.  "Uh, sure."  And he sat across from her.  They started eating but on the inside Brianna was nervous.  "So what you been up to?  I know we don't really talk much."  Brianna drank her water.  "Well, I'm still a teacher, but I'm on a extended vacation.  I'm thinking about filing for divorce from Tony, and I'm currently pregnant. You?"  His eyes widened.  "Holy shit.  You're pregnant, well congratulations to you too!  Do you know what your having?"  Brianna nodded.  "Yeah, twins!"  Evan's jaw dropped.  "Wow, I can't believe it.  Is Tony excited?"  Brianna shook her head. "No, he doesn't care about them and plus Tiffany's pregnant too."  Brianna said as she bit her cookie.  Evan was floored.  "So he has two woman pregnant at the same time, and he left you, to be with her?  He made the wrong move."  Brianna shook her head, pretending not to hear that last part.  "It's fine honestly, it's like a relief, because...". Evan interrupted her.  "Can I take you out to dinner?"  Brianna's eyes widened.  "What?"  Evan continued.  "I kinda had a crush on you since he joined the team.  I use to watch you sit in the stands cheering him on, then you started cheering the team on too.  You know he use to hate that, by the way. He would complain that you saw us all as equals.  But your cheering gave me courage, and now I would like for you to cheer for me now.  Would you like to go on a date with me?"  Brianna was speechless, that she excused herself.  "Excuse me."  And went to the bathroom.  While in the bathroom, she knew she had to say no, but also someone else thought she was cute.