The Leap

After my brother sent me some money, I decided I needed to go on a quick vacation.  I look up cheap flights but I felt like I needed to throw up.  I ran into the bathroom, and missed completely, and puked on the floor.  (I tried the sink but second thought toilet, and got neither.). Eww, that was gross it was brown/yellow, and tasted terrible. (What did I eat? Oh I haven't yet. I should.). While looking into my fridge something smelled bad, but I couldn't find where is was.  So instead I went out to eat, something from the grocery store.  I stepped unto the store, I was greeted by a wave of funk.  The smell of cooked foods, raw foods, pet foods, all the laundry detergents, fabric softeners, people, made me vomit again.  The manager came over and asked if I was okay, I said I was but not until I almost fainted.  "Miss, do you need an paramedic?"  As I collected myself. "No, I'll call my mother, thanks."  I grabbed my phone to call my mom and she said she will come get me.  Once she arrived I told her what happened and we were about to leave until she needed to pick up a few things too, some crackers, ginger ale, and a pregnancy test.

   I'm finally home and what ever that smell was in the fridge was in every room.  I laid down in the bed and ate some crackers, and drank the ale, then my mom threw something at me.  "Go to the bathroom and take this?"  I look at what she handed me. "You think I'm pregnant?"   "You practically described early symptoms of pregnancy.  Now GO!" She commanded. "Fine!"  I made my way to the bathroom, to pee on the stick.  (Okay says here wait for 10- 15 minutes, one line not, two lines pregnant. Come one one line!).  I exit the bathroom, and waited for the results, but my mother on the other hand, wasn't as patience.  She walked into the bathroom and she walks out holding it. "What? What does it say?"  "You're pregnant Brianna!"  (Shit!). I didn't say anything.  What could I say.  I look over at my mom and she didn't say anything, she looked excited to have another grandchild but also worried.  "Well mom, it looks like your having another grandchild!"  It took a minute, but she looked at me and smiled.  "You bet we are sweetie!"

   (Pregnant, pregnant, pregnant!).  Per the results of all the other tests I've taken.  (So this is real, oh shit!  What am I going to do?).  But first I called Leslie.  "Hello". "Hey Leslie, how you been?"  "Great and your mom just called and congratulations on the pregnancy."  (Mom really!).  "Are you kidding me?  I just found out,  (phone dings) and she told everyone be for I could?!"  "Hehehe, she's just super excited that's all, your brother can't provide her with all the grandkids she wanted."  "Yeah, what was it she wanted 3 from both of us.  Then her and dad should've have had more kids." Leslie laughs. "So,  thinking about coming to Tokyo yet?"  "Yes, actually Im ready for a vacation, plus I've always wanted to go to Tokyo too"  "Okay, so get here, and you can stay with me and Whitney in our hotel room."  I paused.  "Really, I could get my own room somewhere else."  She laughed.  "Nonsense I got two bedrooms, one of the rooms isn't being used so take it while your here.  And I want you to meet Whitney because I want to marry her but she doesn't know yet."  "Okay, let me think for a second." After a moment (What are you waiting for?) "Okay, I'm coming to Tokyo, once I get my plane ticket, I will text you the details later."  "Yes!, we will have a great time too."  "Alright, bye!"  "Bye, Bri!"  (I'm going to Tokyo.  I need to find my passport?  I'm so excited!). I wrestled with it in my head, I should go and have fun. And now that I'm pregnant, I need to find a doctor.

  After an hour, I booked the flight, and I called a prenatal clinic my appointment is after I get back.  (Two birds.).  Now I can handle anything like that smell in the refrigerator.  Which was intense, no amount of bleach can get molded food stink out of Rubbermaid containers, trash!  I threw away almost everything in the fridge and all I had left was wine,  cheese, and condiments.  (I need to go shopping, oh yeah I remember, I vomited and left.). I decided to go back to the store to shop and also buy a parenting magazine or two. While at the store the smells started to bothered me again, but this time I got a water and some crackers. Someone called out to me, I turned to see and it was Tiffany. (What on hell does she want?). "Hello Brianna?" I ignored her, and continued walking around the store. "I just wanted to tell you Tony told me that you couldn't get pregnant, and that's why he left you." (Why is she here, honestly?). "We've been messing around since he got called to the minor league, oh was that 3 years now." (She really want to do this, here, at a grocery store.). "I mean you two haven't been married but only 3 years, oh! I'm sorry." She laughs. "You know Tiffany, what kind of a cheap slut only get minor leaguers, what? not good enough for the pros?" "Listen when Tony gets called up to the pros I'll have my way in, and you will be just some sad ex-wife at home, or shall I say home-less!" I wanted to punch her so bad, but I didn't. "That's fine take all your shots at me, but I do believe in karma and it's a bitch. Oh and congratulations on the pregnancy." She stares at me. "What we're not pregnant". "Really, why the test then? Really trying to keep a man now I see." She retorted. "I just hope I am pregnant so I can give him the family he couldn't have with you." I chuckle. "Boy, you must have hated the fact that he was married, well then our children will be hood twins, because I'm pregnant too. And first, now I'm going to go, I love to stay and chat but I don't like you, and don't forget sweetheart, you and Tony can kiss my ass."   I got everything I needed from the store and headed home.

The next day I started packing for my trip to TOKYO!!! Everything was going great until it was ruined by a phone call from Tony. "YOU'RE PREGNANT!"