𝐢𝐢𝐢.

(𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 )

TW: mentions of rape// sexual assault

"Who was that girl you were talking to outside?" The small voice of Jaime Adamson asked.

"Oh, uh, that's Veronica, she is in my class." The boy responded.

"She's really pretty, and she seems nice." The girl hummed.

"She and her brother are pretty nice, but their sister Victoria and her friends are rude." the boy told his sister.

"Rough first day?" Jaime questioned.

"You could say that." the Adamson boy shrugged.

"First days always suck, it'll get better." the young girl said.

Jaxson nodded. "Where's dad?" he inquired.

"He's probably drinking his feelings away, that's all he does since mom died." Jaime deadpanned.

"I wish mom was still here." Jaxson sighed.

"Yeah me too." the girl stated.

· · ── ·𖥸· ── · ·

The smell of smoke filled Jaxson's room.

The boy sat with his back pressed against his bedroom door. A cigarette in hand and smoke escaping his lips.

A soft knock sounded on the door making the boy jump to his feet immediately.

"Give me a second." The boy called, outing the cigarette and throwing it in the garbage.

"Um, hey, dad, what's up?" the boy asked as he opened the door.

"Someone is at the door for you, and dinner is ready," his father spoke.

"Okay," the boy responded before pushing past his father and jogging down the stairs.

When Jaxson reached the last step, he was met with the sight of his sister and Veronica talking in the foyer.

"Hi, Veronica, what are you doing here?" Jaxson inquired.

"I came to give you something." the girl responded, pulling a pastel blue envelope from her handbag.

"What's this?" Jaxson queried, inspecting the paper.

"My birthday is in two weeks and my sister and I are having this pool party at the house. So, I decided to invite you since you are kinda new here," Veronica answered.

"Thank you, I guess," the boy commented with a small smile.

"Yeah, it was no problem." the brunette started "But, I should get going, I have school tomorrow." she finished.