𝐢𝐱.

(𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐘)

"I still can't believe this," Ace scoffed as he, Veronica and Elena trekked through the grass in front of the school.

"Uh, what are we talking about? I zoned out a few minutes ago," Veronica told the boy.

"We're talking about how Jaxson kicked Ace's ass in football yesterday," Elena taunted.

"He didn't kick my ass, Elena," Ace deadpanned.

"It's not that serious Ace, it's just high school football, not the super bowl," Veronica retorted with a careless shrug.

"It's not just football, Ronnie. It's my straight ticket into college," the Sanders boy explained.

"Don't your parents have a shit ton of money to get you into a decent college?" Elena inquired, she and Veronica exchanging confused looks.

"I don't want to use their money. I want to do this on my own," Ace commented.

"Okay, fair enough," Veronica said with a shrug.

"Off the topic of college and football, where are Kyle and Victoria?" the dark-haired boy questioned.

"I'm not too sure," the older Ferrero twin sighed.

"She told me she was gonna be studying in the library with Kyle," the blonde girl stated.

"Uh, are you guys free after school to hang out?" Ace asked.

"I can't, I have tennis, and then Jaxson and I are working on our English project together," Veronica explained.

"Oh well I'll come with you to tennis, that is if you don't mind," the boy commented.

"I do kind of mind, Jaxson is going to be there, and I know you two don't get along. So I think it's best that you just keep your distance," the brunette said.

"Okay,"

"No offence," Veronica heaved.

"None taken," Ace mumbled.

"Anyways, I have to get to class. See you guys later," the brunette said, walking away from her two friends.

When she was out of earshot, Ace turned to look at Elena. "He has been here for only a week, and she already replaced us," he scoffed.

"You're upset because she has other friends?" Elena asked with furrowed brows.

"I just don't trust him," the boy stated.

"He's Veronica's friend, not yours, so it's Veronica that's supposed to trust him. Not you Ace," the blonde female pointed out.

"Whatever you say, El," Ace huffed.