𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

(𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓- 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄)

The door groaned as Veronica pushed it open. She has spent the past four hours with Jaxson at his house, ignoring all the calls and texts from her friends and parents. The girl inched through the house not wanting to cause a ruckus.

Slowly, she crept up the stairs. Letting out a barely audible huff as she saw the light coming from under the door of her father's study. She tried to slowly creep past the door, but her efforts were futile.

"Veronica, please come in," the man called from behind the thick door.

The brunette groaned at the sound of his stern voice. Sliding the door open, she poked her head through the small opening.

"How'd you know it was me?" the girl asked her father.

"It wasn't hard to guess," he responded.

"Come on, take a seat." the man continued, gesturing to the leather chair in front of the desk.

"Is there something you need?" Veronica inquired.

"It's nine-thirty in the night, where have you been?" Kaleb queried.

"If you must know, I was over at Jaxson's house," the girl murmured.

"Why?"

"That's not your concern." the brunette shrugged.

"Not my concern? When my daughter leaves home and returns almost five hours later, I'm sure that's my concern." the man argued.

"It's funny, you know, how you and mom find it necessary to start being the parents that you should've been seventeen years ago. Do you think now is the time to start nurturing your children when the world has already corrupted them?" Veronica questioned with furrowed brows.

"No, but since you asked me a question, I think I have a right to ask you one," Kaleb informed.

"Go on."

"Why do you always feel the need to point out the mistakes your mom and I made as parents?" the man wondered.

"Sometimes I ask myself that too, I know it's not going to change anything. So, why do I always waste my time asking?" the girl pointed, running her tongue across her teeth.

The man nodded in response. "It's getting late querida. You should go to bed,"  he commented.

"Goodnight dad,"

· · ── ·𖥸· ── · ·

"Are you free this afternoon to watch football tryouts?" Jaxson questioned, taking a seat beside Veronica.

"The coach asked my dad to come to tryouts and help him choose the new team. He is making my siblings and I come. So I have no other choice." the brunette shrugged.