𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.

(𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐄 )

"Hey, dad, I was wondering if I could maybe borrow a hundred dollars?" Jaxson inquired as he walked into the living room where his father and sister were.

"A hundred dollars, for what?" Derek questioned.

"It's a present for a friend." the boy trailed off.

"No, it's a present for his girlfriend, her birthday is almost here," Jaime stated.

"Girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend, Jaime, Veronica's just a friend," Jaxson exasperated.

"Veronica as in Veronica from across the street?" the man asked.

"Yes, that Veronica, but that doesn't matter, can I have the money?" the boy pleaded.

The man sighed before pulling his wallet from his back pocket. "Fine, but you have to pay me back later on," he said, handing his son two fifty-dollar bills.

"I will, dad, thanks again,"

· · ── ·𖥸· ── · ·

"Welcome to Swarovski, how may I help you, sir?" the store clerk named Mallory asked as Jaxson entered the store.

"Uh, do you sell tennis bracelets here?" the boy questioned, scratching the back of his head.

"This is a jewellery store, of course, we sell tennis bracelets," the woman snarked.

"Can I view some of them, then?" Jaxson queried.

"Sure, follow me," she told him before walking around the counter to lead Jaxson further into the store.

"Here we are," the clerk stated, stopping in front of the glass display case.

"This one here is a .925 Silver Sterling 1.0 Cttw Miracle-Set Diamond Round Miracle Plate Tennis Bracelet," Mallory said.

"Huh, can you repeat, but please speak English this time and by English, I just want the price," Jaxson rambled.

The woman rolled her eyes, "It's three hundred dollars, that includes value-added tax," she explained.

"Alright, I'll take it," the boy shrugged.

"Whoever you're buying this for must be special to you," Mallory quipped as she to the money from Jaxson's hand.

"Yeah, she is, I just hope she'll like it," Jaxson sighed.

"You just spent three hundred dollars on her, of course, she'll like it," the woman assured him.