Chapter Fourteen

He pauses for just a moment before lightly tilting his head to the side, his eyes falling to your hands in your lap.

"No."

Holding his breath slightly, he returns his eyes to yours before continuing to speak.

"I never loved her... but there have also been times I believed I wasn't capable of love at all."

Turning your head away from him, a simple "oh" is all you are able to respond.

Noticing your expression, he clears his throat before taking his finger and gently lifting your chin to look at him.

"Y/n..." he quietly says, eyes closely examining yours.

"Do you hate being here?"

You inhale as you hear his words, unable to hold eye contact with him as you pause to think to yourself.

"I don't hate it, William," you finally whisper, not letting yourself exhale quite yet.

"Why?"

Your heart pounds at his question, and you can feel a lump in your throat forming.

'Afton can be such a tease.'

"Because..." you start, looking directly up at him.

An intense expression on his face, his eyes watch yours closely as he waits for you to continue.

"I love Michael too much."

Quietly scoffing, he shakes his head in annoyance upon hearing your response.

"What?" you ask 'innocently,' knowing full well what he had been expecting you to admit.

He looks away just momentarily before turning himself closer to you with an amused smirk, his knee just inches away from touching your upper thigh.

Smugly cocking his head at you, he watches your face closely as he slowly adjusts his leg to brush against yours.

Your breath hitches upon feeling his warm body so close to you.

At this moment, thoughts start flooding your head.

Maybe it is because it's late at night, or because you had been touch deprived for so long, or simply because there is something so irresistibly charming about him...

But you want him.

Gently, you reciprocally push your thigh against his, feeling as soft trembles fill your body.

You hear a light groan escape his lips before he turns his face to yours, serious.

"Don't play with me, darling..."

His voice starts to sound raspy as his silver eyes longingly look into yours.

You keep your eyes on him as you ignore his warning, and slowly lean your face closer to his.

Glancing down at your lips, he brings one warm hand underneath your top and onto your bare back, resting his other hand on your waist.

You shiver as you feel his warm body touching yours, closing your eyes as he slowly lifts his hand further up your back while leaning close to you.

His lips facing yours, his heavy breathing is the only sound filling the room other than your pounding heartbeat.

He slowly leans closer, almost brushing his soft lips against y—

"Ring! Ring!"

Just before your lips could meet, a loud ringing startles both of you.

You instantly pull your face away from his, involuntarily turning your attention to the phone on the wall.