Chapter Twenty Four

A downpour of rain drenches the exterior of the sizable house as you are safely tucked away inside, wrapped in two blankets but by no means warm.

"Quite a bit of snow is expected tonight," William says, keeping his eyes focused into his hands.

For the past hour, he has been working on the arm piece of an animatronic, taking a few screws out at the end to examine the interior.

This repair was minor, but the Spring Bonnie one Henry had called him earlier about would require his full attention.

The man rarely ever works at home, but knowing Michael would need to be picked up from school before he would be able to finish any Spring Bonnie repairs, he decided to wait until later afternoon to visit the 'Parts and Service' room.

"Snow?" you ask, sitting up from your slouched position in the armchair.

You had mostly been napping, but also secretly watching William as he fixes the arm piece in deep concentration.

Strands of wavy brown hair occasionally falling into his eyes, he has been attentively working himself into a light sweat.

"Would you like any help?" you politely ask.

In all honestly, you had been a bit curious about the mechanics behind his inventions.

Momentarily parting his eyes from the piece, he looks at you with an interested expression.

Before he speaks, a quick glance at his watch causes his eyes to widen slightly before he places the piece down and stands up from the couch.

"Maybe tonight, love," he chuckles.

"If you're curious about the springlock suit, that is. For now, it's time to pick up Michael."

You smile at the sound of his name, his friendship has been nothing short of an unexpected blessing.

"Okay!"

You have been quite bored this afternoon, so the thought of Michael's fun antics excites you.

William laughs softly at your eagerness to leave, halfway standing from the couch as he watches you run towards the garage door.

"Am I not entertaining enough for you?" he chuckles, amused.

"You're not the fun Afton in the family," you tease, sticking out your tongue at him.

He walks over to you, raising an eyebrow with a lip biting smirk.

"Oh, I can be fun, darling girl."

Heat instantly rises to your face at his comment, your obvious blush exposing how flustered you have become.

"Afton! W-why are you like this?"

Your words leave your mouth as more of an exclamation than a question, and you're unable to maintain eye contact.

His amusement grows as you continue to stand there red, not noticing him holding the door to the garage door open.

"This way, dear," he smugly directs, placing one hand on your shoulder to walk you into the garage.

He smiles as he holds the car door open for you, lifting the keys from his suit pocket.

"All I said is that I can be fun, you're the one to take it out of context," he chuckles, attempting an 'innocent' expression.

"I did not think of it out of context!"

"Think of it?!" he laughs harder, "my my, you're worse than I expected."