Chapter Seventeen

Please listen to this^^ while you read ;)

He chuckles softly as he leans his lips down to your ear.

"And that upsets you, does it?"

You gasp quietly at his words, feeling your face blush red.

"S-shut up, Afton!"

He smirks as he leans back from your ear, keeping his body close to yours.

It could be his charming accent, or his irresistible smile, the faint scent of his cologne, or even the way he flusters you with such simple words...

But you are unbearably hot.

As you gently pull away from him, you step out onto the balcony, feeling as the night breeze lifts ivy vines from the ornate banister and cools your body.

Apart from the soft low music still able to be heard from the ballroom, perfect silence fills the night.

You turn your head at the quiet footsteps behind you, and smile as you watch William follow you.

Despite the admittedly romantic environment, the lack of people means you two are alone with each other, left to do as you please.

He sets his eyes on you from afar, remaining silent in thought as the faint music from the ballroom fades.

You feel your face blush as Clair De Lune softly begins to play, matching the intimate mood in the air.

"W-Would you still like to... dance?" you stutter.

Flustered beyond compare, you feel your body shake lightly as you are unable to keep eye contact with the man you are so unexplainably pulled towards.

He grins breathlessly as he watches you struggle to speak, struggle to even look up at him.

Silently responding, his smirk keeps his lips closed as he slowly and gently takes your hand, delicately lacing your fingers with his.

You feel your heart nervously flutter in your chest as his skin presses against yours.

He guides your other hand to his shoulder before dropping his onto your waist, slowly swaying back and forth.

As the warmth of his body keeps close to yours, you turn your head away from him and laugh shyly.

With your laced fingers in the air beside the two of you, he lifts your hand and spins you slowly before pulling you back in close to him.

"What is it, dear?"

You are overwhelmed with emotion as he twirls you, his smooth accent by your ear rendering you unable to speak.

Clair De Lune softly playing behind both of you slowly begins to fade as leans his face closer to yours, bringing his warm lips to your cheek.

Your face instantly blushes red as you feel his lips gently kiss the side of your face, his heavy breathing lingering on your jaw and neck for a moment.

A quiet whimper leaves your mouth as he pulls his face away from yours, bringing a finger underneath your chin and making you look fully up at him.

"Is something the matter, love?"

As you finally look to his eyes, you watch the corners of his lips pull into a smug smirk, as if his words solely exist to tease you.

You silently keep in thought, feeling how intensely he makes you want him, wondering if he feels the same way.

Gazing into his deep silver eyes, you find the longing he keeps to himself, the lust he hides so well.

His hands holding you firmly against him, William slowly leans closer to you, pausing for only a moment to search your face.

You smile softly at him, looking down from his eyes to his lips.

He catches on quickly, gently unlacing his fingers from yours in order to brush strands of hair behind your ear.

Your blushed face is hot to the touch, and he chuckles slightly as his cool hand settles on a spot above your neck that makes you shudder.

"Love," he whispers, his warm breath against your ear.

"I thought I told you not to tempt me."

You are flustered in every way, down to your core, but could barely care less.

His fingers lightly play the faintly audible piano notes on your waist as his smirk grows, letting his tongue run across his bottom lip.

You lean closer to him, feeling his lips gently brush against yours before the sound of raindrops falling to the ground makes you pull away from him.

The gentle patter of the rain increases to an echoing downpour, and you feel as your entire body is instantly soaked by the falling water.

Your wine purple dress becomes heavy at your feet as it is drenched, his black suit glistening with rain droplets.

Glancing to the ballroom, you make a few hurried steps to leave the uncovered balcony, lifting the corners of your dress above your feet.

William remains perfectly still in place behind you, allowing the rain to pour down on him as if he couldn't care less.

"William!" you laugh, turning around as you squint through the rain to notice him continuing to stand there.

He quietly watches as you walk back to him, slowly moving himself to meet you in the middle of the balcony.

Rain pours in between your bodies, soaking his wet hair and causing strands of your once pinned hair to drop onto your shoulders.

He stares intently into your eyes, watching as you lightly shiver from the falling temperature before reaching his arms out to you.

You feel as he nestles your body snugly into his, wrapping his arms around your waist as you lift yours around his neck.

Heavy raindrops drown out the already faint music, leaving only your heavy breathing able to be heard.

William gently sways you in his arms as the night sky cracks with lightning and thunder, dancing where you two left off.

A smile crosses your lips as you look up at him, barely able to make out his face through the falling rain.

Hearing him softly hum, you rest your head in the crook of his neck before closing your eyes.

'I could stay here forever...'

[word count: 1001]