7. News

Kayla's POV
I wake up to the sound of a monitor beeping. Everything is blurry. I look over to the right to see Niall sitting next to me holding my hand.
"Hey Kay's." he says.
"Hi Ni" I say my voice cracking.
"Your gonna be okay Kayla." he said. "But I want you to know that Abby told me you are pregnant. And I couldn't be more happier."
I feel my heart flutter at his words. 

"Thanks Ni. Your gonna make a great father." I say smiling at him. 

"I love you." He says. 

"I love you too." I say. Niall's leans down and gently kisses my lips. I was so happy Niall found me. If he  hadn't I would've died. 

"Niall, thank you for saving me." I whisper to him my lips brushing up against his. 

"I didn't save you. You saved yourself. You started breathing again." he said pulling away from me. 

"Niall. I love you so much." I said to him. He smiles and gently kisses my forehead. 

"Hello Kayla. How you feeling?" The doctor says walking in the room. 

"A little better." I say. 

"Do you mind if I inspect your bruises again?" The doctor says. I shake my head no and stand up with Niall's help. 

Niall's POV
The doctor walks over and lifts up her shirt, revealing her bruises. They were huge and black and blue. I felt a horrible feeling in the bottom of my stomach.  He gently turns her around and lifts up the back of her shirt. Even worse bruises were on her back. I put my hand over my mouth. The tears escaping my eyes. Who would ever hurt her? She's not meant for this. 

"Niall...." Kayla says looking at me with worry. 

"I'm sorry- I'm- I-I-" I cut myself off and run out the room. I run down the hall, and just around the corner I put my back against the wall. I slide down to the floor tears coming down harder and harder. Sobs manage to escape my lips and soon I'm full on sobbing. I hear someone sit down next to me. I look over to see Harry. 

"Its okay Niall. She's gonna be okay." He says. I hug onto him and just sob for a bit. 

"Niall the doctor wants to speak to you and Kayla together." He says. 

"Okay." Slips out and I walk back into Kayla's room. 

"Niall...."She says when she sees me

"I'm sorry. What did you want to talk to us about?" I ask the doctor.

"Okay, Niall you're back. Now I have some news on the baby." The doctor says.  everything in my body freezes waiting for a answer. 

"The baby was a boy..." The doctor says making me smile. A boy... "But.... I'm sorry but Kayla...You have had a miscarriage." 

He says those words and I hear Kayla gasp and start sobbing. I stand there in shock until it kicks in. My baby died.  I fall onto my knees and put my head in my hands. I feel the tears escaping. I'm soon full out sobbing. It kicks in even more.........I'm not a father anymore.