21. leaving the hospital

Niall's POV

I kiss Kayla's forehead, and she starts to walk out of the room with me following her.

"I'm so happy. We can finally leave!" Kayla said jumping up and down like a little kid. I smile at her and kiss her forehead again.

"Lets go!" She says. We walk into the waiting room to see Louis holding Carry, and the rest of the boys around her. Louis loves her the most out of Harry and Liam. He is always the best out of kids, but no one loves her as much as me. I look out the window to see all the fans outside screaming. Great.

"Harry look at all the fans..." I say.

"Yeah, we know. We are going to go around back and leave that way." He said.

"Good. I don't want Kayla or Carry getting hurt." I say. I watch as Kayla plays with Carry. I've never been happier. We all start to leave the building. There weren't as many fans as in the front but there were still a bunch. I see the car and stand in front of Kayla and the baby. Liam right behind her. The security guards try to hold them back but I still feel them grabbing me. My head spins around at the sound of Carry crying. This instinct kicks in and I know it was from me being a father,  I push my way through and get to the car. I look over at Kayla.

"You okay?"I ask she nods her head in response. I notice her holding her arms but I don't really put much thought into it.

Kayla's POV

I hold my arm in pain when Niall takes the baby from me. I look down at it and see a big scratch going down my arm. Wow, those fans are crazy. I look at the blood dripping from my arm. I feel it hurting but I suck it up and smile like I have been.

* * * (hours later)

I get out of the shower and wrap the warm towel around me. I walk into the bedroom to see Niall on his phone.

"Did you put Carry to bed?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said. His eyes got wide when he saw me in my towel. His cheeks blushed a dark red. I laugh at him and turn around to go get some pj's. My back facing Niall. I hear Niall get up and come over to me. He puts his hand on my shoulder and gently kisses my neck.

"Niall." I giggle his name. He stops and then I hear him gasp.

"Whats this from?" He asked. I immediately knew he was talking about the deep scratch.

"Just umm... When we were leaving the hospital a fan scratched me. Don't worry about it. Its no big deal." I said. I saw his face get red and a angry expression was plastered to his face.

"Why didn't you tell me. Kayla, things like this are serious." He says.

"Niall its fine. I already knew about all the hate anyway. I've seen it." I said.

"What? No, I don't want you looking at that stuff. Its horrible....And NOT true." He says.

"I know Niall, and its okay. I'm a big girl I can look at what I want." I said.

"Yeah, but not that!" He yells.

"Niall I can do what I want!" I yell back at him. Just then I hear the baby monitor go off. Cry's coming through it.

"Great."I say. I walk out of the room and go into Carry's nursery. I pick her up and put her head near my shoulder, burping her. I feel her little hand start to play with my hair. In that moment I knew that this was my life.  And I loved it.