17. New hospital

Niall's POV

I walk up to the nurses getting ready to tell them my decision. 

"Okay. I've made up my mind. I'm Freaking Niall Horan, and you don't have enough medical care! That's just not right! If you can't save her, then some other hospital will!" I yell at the doctor. I go up to the front desk and tell her that I'm switching hospitals for Kayla.  I can't believe they expect me to actually stay here if that's true. 

"Which Hospital sir?" The Nurse asked. 

"Whats the best one?" I asked.

"Probably the Mayo Clinic." The lady says.

"Great, I want Kayla going there." I say. I sit down letting myself calm down. I feel my cheeks burn at the thought of the fake reason for Kayla. 

"What is the real reason you told me to decide between the two?" I asked he doctor. 

"Well-you see........ We thought that you would choose Kayla over the baby. That way we could do the surgery we need to do in order to save her. But in the process of surgery the baby would probably not survive. What we could do though now though is.....Well- we might just be able to save both. You see- if we wait a few more months we could get the baby out when its ready, but we're not sure if Kayla will be able to last that long." The doctor says.

"Wait- so you are saying you could possibly save them both?" 

"Well- yes. If Kayla can last that long." 

"Please. Do it. Anything to save her." 

"Okay. Will you still you be relocating?"

"No. We are going to stay here, and wait for the baby. Then your going to save Kayla."

"Okay sir. We will get in the process of saving your wife and your child." 

Just those words can make someone gleam with joy. It can twist their mind into thinking that everything is going to be okay and work. But we all know that there still is a chance of her dying. The worst thing is to know that someone you love might not survive. Kayla's survived a lot. She can survive this. 'Happiness is not the absence of problems, its the ability to deal with them.' this quote can mean so much even though no one will understand it. No one besides me. Once you almost lose someone, you know so much then you did before. 

Looking back over Kayla and holding her hand I sing. 

"When I'm not with you I'm weaker, is that so wrong, is it so wrong that you make me strong."