19. Talking

Niall's POV

I walk into the room to see Kayla facing away from me. Her back skinny and scrawnny. I almost cry, but then I see her moving. Indicating that she is alive, and well. I make my way over to her, just before I can get any closer, she turns around. Her face is skinny and you can practically see her cheek bones. She gets one look at me and smiles. She tries to stand up, but she's to weak too. The nurse goes over to help her up. I walk over to her, at first I just look at her, then I wrap my arms around pulling her into a hug. I make sure to be careful, she seems to fragile. She wraps her arms around me tighter than I am hugging her. She pulls away and looks me in the eyes.

"The baby......" She murmurs. 

"She's amazing. She's got your eyes." I say and smile. Kayla looks up at me with a smile on her face. 

"Really? When can I see her?" She says looking around the room to the nurse. The nurse smiles and walks out of the room. When she comes back she has the baby in her arms, she brings her over to us. She hands her to Kayla and I watch as her face lights up as she plays with her child's hands. I take in the sight of my wife holding my daughter and I feel a happiness flood over me. This is something I've waited for. 

"Hi baby." She says to her. 

"Whats her name?" the nurse asks. 

"Carry Ray Horan." 

You never know how lucky you can be until the best thing happens in your life. I now have everything I ever wanted. My smile grows even bigger when I watch Kayla look over at me and give me the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face. I've loved this girl for a while, and now I can forever.