16. Which one?

Niall's POV

The sense of sadness waves over me as I put another thing of flowers into the trash seeing all the other ones at the bottom. The flowers are like my soul right now sad, dead, hopeless. I feel like my heart has been ripped out by wolves. Waiting for Kayla to awake is like everything has stopped and there is nothing I can do. I've talked to Kayla many times about her and the baby. I still have no clue who to choose. If I save the baby, she will live, but grow up with no mother and I would grow old with no wife. If I save Kayla we'll have to deal with another miscarriage and it may cause damage to us mentally. I've tried to get the doctors to try both but they say they don't have the medicine for both.

I look back over at Kayla and almost cry at the sight of her. Tubes attached to her mid-zone, her waist so small I could wrap my arms around her and still have room to touch my back, and the worst. Her faint rising of her chest going up and down from her small amount of breathing, indicating that she might not have a chance of recovering.

I grab her hand and squeeze it.
"Kayla, I know you. I've known you for a long time. You are strong, Independent, beautiful woman. I know that you can fight this off. Please fight this off. For me. Please. I will still love you if you have to let go. You've been through a lot in your life and I can understand if your in pain and need to let go this time. People are praying. A lot of people actually. You have no idea how many people love you. I love you. Is that not enough? Just please hear me, see me, kiss me one last time before you go. If you go. I love you."

I take a big breath and face the tears that are now pouring down my face. I've made up my mind. I'm not going to pick anyone. I'm going to wait until she wakes up. I know she will. She has too.