8. Falling apart

Kayla's POV

I feel a sense of sadness go through my body as I look out the window to see rain. Niall takes my hand and squeezes it. He hands me a plate with a sandwich on it.  I shake my head no. 

"You have to eat Kayla. Your already so skinny." He says looking at me with sadness. I look out the window again and put my hand on my stomach. I wish he was still alive. I'm not a mom, and Niall's not a father. Niall notices my hand movement to the area.

"It's not your fault.....he didn't die because of you." He said trying to hold in tears. 

"But it is....If I had been more strong I could've saved him." I say back my voice cracking. Niall sees that I'm about to cry, so he pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead.

"Its the worlds fault." He says. I look back out the window and think to myself. "The world seems to hate me a lot in the past few days."

Harry's POV

"Harry! I need the pickles!" Abby screams as she starts doing a breathing exercise. 

"Okay love!" I yell back running to the kitchen and grabbing the pickles. She's been going through a lot of weird food cravings. First cucumbers and ketchup and now pickles and chocolate. She's stressing me out. I haven't had a good night sleep in over two weeks. I can't imagine how she is feeling. I walk back over to her and sit down next to her. Her stomach looks like a watermelon now. Her due date is scheduled for April 5. That's in five weeks. Someone help me. She's been groaning all night long. 

"Thanks Harry..." She says kissing me lightly on the lips. 

"'No problem. Anything for the baby..."I say.

"Harry. I'm gonna sleep."She says. She then just hands me the jar of pickles back and falls asleep. This pregnancy thing is making her tired too. I lean down and kiss her forehead. I walk over to look out the window. I feel so bad for Niall. He was a father for about two months before he became another man in the world. When the news reached me about the miscarriage I about broke down crying for him. He doesn't need this in his life. He's not meant for this. I hope that eventually Kayla and him do have a baby, but this time it'll survive.