18. Saving Kayla

NIALLS POV
Its time for us to get the baby out of Kayla. The doctors have checked her over and over again. She's fine and ready to be delivered. I hold Kayla's hand for the last time before the surgeons take her.

"I love you." Escapes my lips as I kiss her forehead one last time.

(Later)

"Niall Horan." The nurse calls as she leads me to the room Kayla's in.

"Everything went as planned. The doctor will be in with your little girl in just a minute." My face brightens up when I hear "Your little girl". I'm now officially a father. Another nurse walks into the room and my breathing stops. There in her arms was a baby wrapped up in a pink blanket. Her eyes standing out from across the room. They were bright blue. Just like Kayla's. I take the baby in my arms and just look at her. She doesn't make a sound, just those big blue eyes staring at me.

"Hi. I'm Niall, but you can call me daddy." I say. I never thought I would be able to say those words. I watch as she grabs my thumb and starts to wrap her hand around it. It's so small. Its adorable. She smiles an adorable smile and wails. I realize she starts to cry and I try to get her to be quite.

"Niall. We're going to have to her to do some tests if that's okay....?"

"Of course. Its fine!" I say. The nurse takes her from my arms and walks out of the room. I sat down in the chair and text everyone.

To: Harry, Louis, Liam, Abby

The baby's here. Come quick!

I put down my phone ignoring all of them replying, and just decide to take a nap.

* * *

I wake up to the sound of a nurse running in through the door. She looks frantic and she is breathing hard. I jump out of my seat my heart racing now.

"What?" I ask.

"Its Kayla."

"What do you mean?" I say my eyes filling up with tears. The nurse see's them and runs over to me and grabs my hand.

"Niall." She says making me look up at her.

"She's awake."