23. Epilogue

Niall's POV
I watch my kids jump out of the car and race each other into the cemetery. Carry was officially 5. We had our second child. His name is Edward James Horan. I thought naming a kid after someone me and Kayla new and loved would be good, so Edward from Harry. We call him Eddie for short. He's 3 and a half. I look at Carry. Her brown curly hair up in two pig tails. Eddie's reddish hair ending just before his eye brows. We walk through the cemetery to two small grave stones. The kids don't really know who the people are but I do. And so does Kayla. I look over at her and see her eyes red and glossy. I comfort her while she cries about her parents.
"Hi mom, dad. I'd like you to meet Carry and Eddie. Our children." She says crying a little bit more. I take the flowers that were in my hands and put them in front of both of their graves. Kayla looks up at me and smiles. Her hair has now faded into a brownish reddish color. I look at her and smile. She's all I ever wanted in my life. Everything I've always wanted.
"I love you." I said to her.
"I love you too." she says back smiling. I smile back and lean in and give her a soft delicate kiss on her red puffy lips. The children come over to us and start asking mommy what's wrong. She starts to tell them about her parents. I look off into the distance and see a field of flowers. I walk over to them. They all seemed to be yellow, except for one. It was red.

And that's my story of my life. I grew up, got married, and had two amazing kids. They were difficult when it came to their teenage year, but it was okay. Of course I said no to every boy Carry brought home because I had the role of a dad to play. She was always complaining on how I never did this to Eddie. But with a boy it's different. I'm old now. Literally. My kids have grown up. Carry's married to a great guy named Tyson and she has a little girl named Emily. Eddie grew up to get married to a girl named Evanna. Which turns out to be Liam's daughter. We had a long discussion with Eddie but they were so in love. As for me and Kayla, we spent many years together in our old house. I bend over carefully putting my hand in the cement hand prints. One for Carry, and Eddie, Me, and Kayla. I remember the day when Kayla passed away. She was 92 when she died. She had been sick for a while and I now realized that she's in heaven and is happy. The last thing I said to her meant a lot though.

"Kayla. I love you. I always have. You brought me everything. I married the one who was perfect for me. We've been though a lot together. I spent 75 years of my life with the most amazing person. I love the way you laugh when your nervous. I love the way your cheeks get bright red whenever someone says something about me. Years ago I told you that You Make Me Strong, its true, you do. Your probably thinking that if you leave I'll be weak.......But if you leave I'll be Stronger."