Prologue

Forcefully, he held my hair in his fist and pulled them upwards, towards his face.

"R-Robert ---" I cried, closing my eyes.

His eyes were still going through my face.

"Open your eyes," He demanded with dominance in his voice. He is cruel.  He knows I can't stand his anger. 

I slowly opened my eyes and lifted my head to look at him. He pulled my hair more, aggressively. My lips were trembling but still, I did not make any noise. I still didn't look at him and stared at the wall behind him. I couldn't look at him, no I can't!

"Look at me," He said. "Into my eyes." He demanded in the same tone.

I have no option.
I finally looked into his eyes. His cold dark brown eyes gave me a shiver. Creepy, scary. I am scared of him.

His eyes were locked with mine with great dedication. His eyes were on my nose and stopped at my lips. My lips trembled. His gaze made me more nervous. I was breathing heavily. My scalp was painting because his hands were edited around my hair and couldn't do anything. I can't just let everything.

But he promised he will not hurt me. He was changing. All of sudden... What happened to him? Why he is doing this? What triggered him? I was very careful with my questions I was hoping that he could trust me to let me in his sorrows and pain but I guess I am still wrong. I am still wrong to think that he will ever let me know about him. He said he doesn't want to hurt me be it physically or mentally but he did not want to hurt me. Then why?

"Kiss me" He whispered. My eyes traveled directly to him and I looked at him with an annoyed face. He knows what're my reactions but he is not paying any attention to my reactions. His eyes were locked on my face.

If he doesn't love me, Why he wants me to kiss him?

He doesn't love me. He never cared about me. Why every time I fall for him? He never confessed if he ever felt something about me. About us? Everything I did for him was a lie. It could be the biggest mistake that I have fallen in love with a man who is ready to confess his feelings.

I breathe heavily. Jesus, help me!

I tried to get away but he held my hair more tightly.
I groaned in pain.

"I think you don't want me to repeat it, Kaitlyn." He said, calmly. "Do you?" He asked in a low dangerous tone. I somehow knew that he will not give me physical pain. He is just... He is just -- I don't know what is he up to.

But his calm! His calmness gives me pain.

Okay, I have to do it. I have to.

I tiptoed my feet. His grip loses my hair and his hand went to my waist. My right hand was on his chest and the other holding onto his shoulder. I once looked into his eyes. And those dark brown eyes changed into dark black. His eyes color. He was calm. He wasn't in a rage.

These eyes speak so much. I don't know how much he has buried in his heart and I desperately want him to open up to me but I know it will never happen. I know he will never let me in his hell. But I want to help him out. I want to risk everything and heal him. How will I do this when he would not let me do anything?

I finally reached for his lips. Before, I could touch his lips. He was the one who took all the control. His lips crashed on mine. He held me more tightly with both of his hands encircled around my waist. He pushed me into the wall but never stopped kissing me. It was like he was fucking me with a kiss.

His left hand went to my neck and caressed it. He pulled me close and a groan left his lips. I was still trying to stop it but.....but...I ...I w-want this. His soft touch makes me weak. I feel like jelly. I wasn't thinking to start. I just know that he is kissing me and I am in his world. He told me that I have lived in his world if I have lived alive.

He pulled back and I was breathing heavily. He rested his head on mine and I know he was staring at me. I closed my eyes tightly.

"Why are you doing this? You are playing with my emotions." I cried.

"Really? Say those words looking into my eyes" He said, calmly.

It's true!! He cares, I know. I felt it. His protectiveness. His possessiveness towards me. I know, he cares. No matter how much he hurts me or gives me pain.

"Kaitlyn, I said look into my eyes and say those words." He raised his voice.

With tears in my eyes. I looked at him.

"R-Robert, I...I love you. Why d-don't you understand?" I spoke with love in my heart.

"Because I don't want you to love me. I hate the word 'love.' I told you earlier also I am not the person to love or care about." He said but the anger in his voice was burning. "I am worst, Kait. Far worst than you could ever imagine or think of." He took a back and turned around so that his back was facing me.

"No!" I said and took a step closer to him. "You're not," I said softly.

'He doesn't want me to love him. He hates it but still, I love him.'

"You know I told you that I don't want to hurt you." He said and turned to me. "Leave, Kait. Leave the room."

"What, no ---" I was saying when he interrupted in between. "I said leave." He said pouring all his anger into those three words.

"You can trust me," I said, taking a step toward him. Careful, slow steps.

"Trust you?" He said, turning around just to see me in tears. I shook my head to prevent myself from crying. 

"Robert please, at least give me a chance."

"Dare you to say another word."

"You have to trust me."

He raised his palm to slap her but stopped in the mid-air. He closed his hand in a fist and backed off. He groaned as if he was trying to fight himself for me. I know it's not easy for you, Robert. But I am here. I am with you. I will not give up on you, I promise.

"I don't want to hurt you anymore." He whispered to himself, closing his eyes. "I don't want you to get hurt because of me. I don't want to be a monster to you." He said as if he was trying to convince himself, not me.

"Then give me a chance to heal you."