Chapter-14 (part-1)

KAITLYN

I was sitting in the car while he was driving. The drive was silent when I heard his voice.

"Are you sleeping?" He asked.

"No"

"Okay, we are here." He said.

We came out of the car and someone removed that blindfold from my eyes. Yes, Lucas was that someone?

I blinked serial times to adjust my eyes to the light.

I let my gaze to the building standing in front of me. It's so huge! The glass mirrors were lightly reflecting the sunlight. It was giving the beautiful scenario of that simple building.

It's just WOW!

"Nice?" A voice came. Lucas!

I smiled and nodded.

"Let's go! You will get enough time to see this building. First, we have to convince him."

I nodded again.

Convince him? It gonna be so difficult!

As we entered the company. Everybody stood quiet, looking at me. I was so surprised by their sudden silence. Do I look so dominant and rude?

Embarrassingly, I looked down.

Suddenly, two-three guards surrounded us.

"Don't be nervous! It's normal. The guards are for our safety. Okay?" Lucas said

"Okay," I again looked around and then at the floor. It's really... Very embarrassing!

"Hey, it's okay! They are just shocked by seeing you because they can't accept that the wife of Robert Williams could come here. It's weird, right?"

"Why are they shocked?"

"Because they are maybe thinking that being Robert's wife, you are also like him." He laughed, sarcastically.

"But I am so far from him," I mumbled to myself.

Even not a single cell of mine matches him! Then how can I?

"Let's go!" I heard him saying.

Suddenly, I felt a fear building in my body. Maybe, after everything, I don't want to see his face. I don't want to meet him.

We entered maybe, the private elevator of the CEO. A small smile covered my face at my thought. Well, personal elevator because there was no one standing here besides the guards.

"This elevator is not allowed to be used by common people or the employees. It's the private elevator of the CEO." Lucas explained.

"Oh"

So, I was correct!

We stood there for about more than 5 or 6 minutes. Why is this building so tall?