Chapter-5

KAITLYN

It's been one day. I haven't seen him. I mean, after that incident he left the room and didn't come back.

I am just locked in the room. I don't even go downstairs.

I am starving. I haven't eaten anything properly for two, three days. I am having nightmares. I couldn't be able to sleep also.

Suddenly, someone knocks on the door. It opened and it was Aunt. Kelly! I call her aunt because she told me that Robert also calls her aunt.

Shocked, right? A stone-hearted person like him, has the emotions also to call someone so purely.

I was thinking about how people around them handle him.

"Kaitlyn, it's enough. I am noticing that you are not eating anything. See, I brought dinner for you." She said.

She put the tray of dinner on the table.

"Aunt, did Robert come?" I asked her.

"You will get to know when he comes."

I nodded and started to eat. She supervises me, as I don't eat properly. I was done with the dinner. And aunt left the room.

I closed my eyes lying on the bed.

When I heard the door opening. I opened my eyes and saw Robert. I stayed there like a statue.

He came inside and instantly removed his black coat. He kept his wristwatch on the table and rested his palms of hands on the table, standing there leaning towards the table, making his back facing me.

He is stressed, isn't he?

Maybe, I am overthinking but it seemed like he is tired.

I was going to start a conversation but before I could say something. He entered the bathroom.

After a while, he came back. He came out with his wet hair. He was rolling his fingers in his hair. His wet hair dripped the water drop. He was shirtless, just wearing black pants.

There was a skull-stabbed knife tattoo on his neck, below his ear. His wrist was also having a tattoo which was a king's crown written with 'R.'

My mouth slightly opened, looking at him. Suddenly, I heard someone clearing his throat. I got my senses back and looked at him once. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Done staring?" He smirked. He came to me and sat beside me on the bed.

"H-hmm? Huh? N-no!" I stuttered.

What? I was gawking at him. Damn it, Kaitlyn! This was left for you.

He looked at my wrist, which was still bandaged. He closed his eyes before opening them, in disappointment at his deed. I could sense that. Yes, it was his fault.

Suddenly, a knock comes on the door.

"Come in" His voice was hoarse.

The door opened, revealing Lucas.

"It's important," He said, entering the room and looking at me.