Chapter-17

KAITLYN

I opened my eyes with a slight headache. I yawned and looked around. The sharp sunlight hit my face and I closed my eyes again. I ruffled my hair on the pillow and sat up on the bed. Finally!

Lazily I got up and opened the door of the balcony. Now, I am awake, haha! I looked at the beautiful rainbow covering the sky because of the heavy rainfall last night. A small smile covered my lips.

I went to the bathroom and took a warm bath. I went downstairs to the dining table. The servants were working but as they saw me. They respectfully bowed to me and in return, I also bowed.

"Avery aunt!" I exclaimed as I saw her in the kitchen.

"Hey, child! Come here" She said.

I did as she told me to. I went to her.

"Your breakfast is ready. Sit there." She said and I nodded.

She served me the food and I started to eat.

"Are you feeling good now?" She asked

I slowly looked at her, leaving my sandwich on the plate. I looked at her with a questioning face.

"Last night... You..."

"Avery aunt, I was feeling to spend my night in the cold. Why everyone is spotting a single point." I said

I got up and started to leave when I heard her saying.

"Kaitlyn, finish your breakfast." She said from behind and I nodded in no.

I went to the room and sat on the bed.

Did he see me last night? Was he spying on me? He told me to stay in the backyard for a single night.' Correct?

So, why isn't he back?

Why... is...

Wait, wait, wait, come on, Kaitlyn, why are you thinking of him? He just gave you dead touching punishment and you wanted to see him.

See him! No! No! No! My little heart cannot bear this much pain.

'So, don't you think you have unwanted feelings for your husband?' My brain asked my heart.

'What? No! No! Never!' My little sweet, sensitive heart argued with my brain.

'Oh okay! Then why did you take a risk to change his coffee taste? You probably very well know what will be its results.'

'It was just a work for humanity.' My heart said.

'Humanity! You little thing, you just think with emotions. You are so useless. You are thinking of the man who almost killed you. He killed your parents. What do you expect from him? Love?' My brain yelled out.

'I... I... don't have any damned feeling for him. And why will I feel for him? Please, you an emotionless thing. Don't interfere with my work. My work is to feel and I am doing it.'

'Shut up! You are so emotional.' My brain yelled.

My heart felt bad and I really... wanted to cry.