Chapter-7

LUCAS
FLASHBACK >>

I moved to his cabin. I want him to take some rest. He should think about himself. We were at the MO. (Mafia office)

He works day and night. Not even thinking about the destruction, he is doing to himself. I know, this is a thing that can distract him from his past but he can't ruin everything. He keeps himself busy every single second. Sometimes, I think, how he gets time to breathe?

I entered his cabin and saw him checking some files.

"Robert, I prepared everything for the funeral," I said to him.

"So?"

"What, so? We have to leave."

"I know"

"Umm, I want to talk to you." I hesitated.

"Then? What are you waiting for?" He said, looking at the file, he was checking.

"I...I...will handle these documents. You just go and take some rest. You must be tired."

He looked at me. "I am fine."

"Robert, you are not. I get tired just to look at you working day and night. And that's without a reason." I shouted.

He took a deep breath and slowly made that file slightly on the table placed in front of him. He stood up from the seat and brushed his hair back in frustration. He adjusted his coat and leaned over his table.

"Let's go!" He said and started to go out of the cabin.

I wonder when did last time he listened to me at the first place.

We went to the cars. He sat in the driver's seat and I sat beside him. He was driving when I spoke.

"What do you think about Kaitlyn?"

He gazed at me but resumed driving without any expression.

"I mean, the marriage contract is of...one year? Or two years?"

"One year" He simply answered.

"And after one year?"

"Planning of throwing her out of my life."

"Fuck" I cursed under my breath. "Can't you give her a chance? She is such a pure soul."

He didn't reply but focused on his driving.

There is no use arguing with him because he can't give a useful answer and there's no way to control him. Not even I have that right on him. Umm, he never gave. He doesn't give. But I usually handle him much better. After all, that's what best friends are for. For being in hard times and for support.

"Okay, so, you will let the promise go, you made with Mr Forester. Hm?"

He gazed at me and clutching his jaws. Okay, I made him remember that again but it's not my mistake.

"Can't you leave me alone? You started to talk again and I am going throw you of the car." He said.

He can't let that princess go away. She is my last hope that can change him.