Chapter-8

KAITLYN

Suddenly, I heard the gunshot again.

I looked at Robert who took out his gun and loaded it. He held my hand and dragged me behind a building. The road was so deserted. There was so much silence.

I thought everything calmed. But I heard a shot again. It's so horrible and scary.

I held him tightly. At the moment, I am in his arms. He is leaning his back towards the wall, holding me tightly with his right arm around my waist and the other hand holding the gun.

Suddenly, he shot someone. I put my hands on my ears because it was unbearable for me to listen to these loud shots. I heard a gunshot again.

I rested my head on his chest. There was silence for a second when he shot again.

Out of the blue, he rolled my body which made me push into the wall. He came in front of me, trapping me between him and the wall.

I held his coat's lapel and looked up at him. His eyes were telling so much which was a mystery for me. It was surely so hard to solve.

I blinked my eyes not looking into his eyes. His eyes have something attractive which pulls me closer to know him. I closed my eyes.

"Open your eyes" I heard his husky voice.

Instead of opening them, I closed them more tightly.

"Fuck, open your eyes." He whispered-yelled.

I flinched and looked up at him.

He was looking into my eyes. He was looking at me with so much dedication that he just looked through my soul. He was slowly going through me. My eyes, Then my nose. He stared at me for a moment and stopped himself at my lips.

He came close. I pressed myself into the wall to avoid it. I know what he is going to do. Or he is thinking to do. I closed my eyes tightly.

"R-Robert ---" I whispered.

I held his coat's lapel more tightly.

I shivered as I felt his breath on my cheek. Suddenly, I felt his lips on mine. He pecked my lips but pulled away before it can be converted into a kiss.

I stood there in shock, taking a heavy breath. Why did he do that?

He took a step back and rubbered his forehead and eyes with his hand. He brushed his hair back. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Stay here. Lucas is coming" He said and was going to leave when I held his hand.

"Robert --"

I don't know why I stopped him but I don't want to be alone here. Maybe, because of my safety.

He took his hand back. His eyes were dark brown which always meant he is dangerous.

I just stood there in silence.

Why does my heart say so much when I look at him? Why Ido feel like he is dangerous but soft inside.?Why Ido feel like he is a person who needs to be healed.?