Chapter-30

KAITLYN

"Your father's wish..." He said. "He wanted me to marry you."

What!? How!? How this!?

He already knew that Robert is a mafia boss. After all this, he decided to tie the knot with him.

"Why?" My voice came out as a whisper. I was out of my senses. I wasn't able to think much. My mind was frozen.

He sighed and comfortably sat on the bed, still maintaining the beautiful eye contact we were having.

"Because he knew that...his time was soon."

"What?" I couldn't understand. My thorat felt heavy.

"My team has already told him that he has danger upon him and I provided him with guards but -- He has always been a self-respected man. So, he rejected my offer and was carefree about the threat. But I still allotted my guards behind him. On the murder day, my guards were killed too. I too lost my best man. And maybe before two days of the murder, he made you sign the contract."

I was frozen, I was breathlessly looking at him with teary eyes and all time, I thought he was the murderer of my father.

I don't know but guilty. Guilt was the thing I could feel and express. I don't even deserve to look at him. How can I be so selfish!? I didn't even think about his side. How would he have been feeling!? I would have hurt him when I told him that he was the killer of my parents.

"How stupid of you to think that you hurt him. What he has done to you...was that a freaking joke." My brain alerted me.

"But I did hurt him emotionally, did I?" My heart said.

"So freaking dumb. You think this man in front you has any emotions in him. His eyes feels like nothing but a empty hole." My brain cleared my thoughts.

I lowered my head and tried hard to control my tears but they were out of control. All I could feel was tears dripping down my cheeks and all I could hear were my sobs.

I took the quilt, covering myself. I lay on the bed. I cried my heart out until I was satisfied. After a few hours, I uncovered the quilt from my face and saw nobody in the room.

Did he just leave me alone!?

No, he can't go!? He has been so nice to me till now. He... C'mon, he gets mood swings. Urgh!!!

My head started to ache. So, I held it tightly in my hands.

"You didn't drink, did you?" I heard Robert's voice. A clear, small, beautiful, devasting smile. I looked at him and stared. I basically ogled. Again rested my head back due to the pain.

"Here, take them. This would help." He said and placed some tablets on the table.

"I didn't drink," I said in a heavy voice. I knew he was kidding but still, I joined in and answered.

He smirked and sat on the bed near my waist.

"So?" He asked me.

"Robert... I need to..." I stopped and immediately stretched my hand to him. He once looked at me and then my hand, which he slowly held.

No one can, nobody can make me feel like heaven in an unnoticeable way like he does. Sometimes!

"I need to know more," I whispered slowly.

"About your father?"

"No... You!" I looked at him and he looked at me desperately.

"I don't have anything to tell," He said in a normal voice and left my hand. I don't know but internally I wished he could hold my hand tight once again.