Chapter-13

Three Days Later
KAITLYN

I was reading a book because I don't have anything to do. It's morning around 10. I just had my breakfast and as usual, I don't where he is.

'He' is only Robert. I don't know and of course, I don't care also.

After that day when he slapped me, he didn't return. The aunt told me that he is not at home. Yes, she always tells me about him. A little information as to where possibly he can be.

But still, I don't care.

If he thinks that he can control me like this. Like raising his hands upon me he can never do it. I have decided not to be scared anymore. But I only know how much I get scared by his cold gaze.

I don't want to be a girl who raises her head if her husband tells her to.

The husband and wife's relationship is a pure bond. They have lived their whole life with the person they love. They should understand, trust, care and of course, love each other.

Haha, why even I am thinking so much? How can I even expect that in my life?

My thoughts got interrupted as someone knocked on the door. I got up from the couch and opened the door.

"Hey princess," Lucas said

Yes, Lucas is here.

I wonder why he always calls me princess.

"Hello" I replied

"How are you?"

"Good and what about you?"

"Hmmm, very fine" He replied with a smile.

To be honest, that smile on his face is fake. He is tense about something and it is visible on his face. What is it?

Should I ask him? I...I...think I still don't have that much right to ask him about his problems but I know he is a nice person.

"Do you need anything?" He asked

"No, I am fine"

"Umm, okay then guards are here. If you need anything. You can inform them."

"Okay"

He turned around to go when I stopped him. I should at least ask him. That's on him if he wants to share something with me or not.

"You... You look tensed." I said

"Me?" He looked here and there and then again at me. "No! No! I am good."

"Lucas... You can share. You know... It's okay if you don't want to but... Maybe, I can...maybe help you."

"Hey, it's...nothing."

Okay, if he doesn't want me to know or maybe, nothing is wrong.

"Fine" I replied