Chapter-28

ROBERT

I pressed her wrist more on the edge of the table. I noticed her, closing her eyes and she stopped crying. I don't care. I don't have to care about her.

I left her and started to walk out of the room but I stopped when I heard a loud sound.

I turned around and... Shit!

"Kaitlyn," Her name uncontrollably left my mouth. I saw her fall to the floor and faint. Fuck!

"Kaitlyn, can you hear me?" I tried to wake her up but there was no use. She blanked out.

Darn, it!

I noticed her wrist bleeding heavily. I hurried to find something to make the bleeding stop. I found a clean cloth in the nightstand drawer and immediately wrapped it around her wrist. This won't help. This will not fucking help.

"Kaitlyn," I called her name but there was no response. Fuck, her wrist's bleeding heavily.

I picked her up in my arms and ran downstairs. I went out of the house and hurriedly to the garage. I put her in the passenger's seat and settled myself in the driver's seat.

I drove my car at the highest speed. I was hoping for the nearest hospital to be in order.

I stopped the car at the hospital and taking her in my arms, I went inside. The nurses and other staff came to help as it was seriously an emergency.

I put her on the stretcher and took her to the emergency room.

"Doctor Alina, it's an emergency." A nurse said. I did not worry about the surroundings but my only focus for right now was her. Volts of current were sparkling through my body from the sudden impact.

I saw a young lady running toward us and she saw Kaitlyn. She was shocked and immediately looked at me.

"Fast, we don't have time." She said and the staff took the stretcher inside the ward.

I was stopped by the Doctor.

"May I know, sir... Who are you to her?" She asked, politely. Hell with this politeness of yours.

"You don't need to interrupt," I said and took a step ahead to enter the ward but was again stopped by her.

"I am sorry sir. But please cooperate." These doctors are fucking pain in the ass.

"I am her husband," I shouted but immediately stopped when I realized...

Do I really...deserve to be her husband? At least, not after what has happened.

This might make her stay away from me. But...I didn't think this would...

"I am sorry, sir but please cooperate. I understand your concern. I will make sure that everything goes well." She said with a smile. These fake smiles!

For one last time, I looked at the closed doors of the ward and then at the doctor. I nodded slowly and sat on the bench in front of the ward. She is doing her duty but I won't fucking trust anyone when it would come to Kaitlyn.

She is mine to ruin, destroy, eradicate and mine to save.

I heard the sound of the ward's door getting closed again. She might have entered. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. This was all so sudden.

This hasn't gone in the way, I thought!

I placed my head back on the wall for some rest.

Fuck, I am feeling guilty.