Chapter-29

ROBERT

I breathed hard, sweat covering my body. I rubbed my face with my hands. I ran my fingers through my dark hair and looked here and there. 

I was in the ward, Kaitlyn was still conscious, and I -- I slept here.

What was that nightmare about?

And seriously, Xavier was in my mind.

Is Kaitlyn in danger?

But that was just a dream?!

I stood up and drank a glass of water. I sat near her waist and stared at her.

Why do I regret hurting her? Don't I only want this?

I want to her crumble in front of me but... but then this guilt. Looking at her in this condition, why does this hurt me? Hurt?

I want her to tremble. I wanted to fear me. I wanted her to beg me.

C'mon, I wish I could feel hurt if I ever had any heart to feel.

I sighed and looked another way. I saw the time on my wristwatch, it was 3 in the morning.

I undesirably moved my eyes away from her. I shouldn't have ever promised Mr. Forester. I am failing his promise, his daughter. I rubbed my face with my hands and changed my seat, I rested my head on my hands, keeping my growing worriedness and anger in control.

Xavier is just a little bullshit and I can cut him off with just a snap of my fingers.

___________
___________

KAITLYN

My head was hurting, it was spinning continually. I wanted to stop this eagerly. The headache was out of control.

I couldn't move, my body hurt. I wanted to move my fingers but this couldn't help at all.

"Kaitlyn, try to open your eyes. Don't take heavy breaths. Stay slow, dear." I heard a blurry voice. But I started to breathe rapidly.

It was like the surrounding was suffocating me. I need fresh air. I want to live in the fresh air.

"Robert, she needs your help."

Robert?

"Kaitlyn, it's fine." I heard a husky voice. Robert...

Suddenly, I felt two strong arms hugging me protectively. I started to feel light. Those heavy thoughts in my mind started to vanish. I breathe normally.

I slowly tried to open my eyes but my vision was blurry. I wanted to see him. I want him to touch me so that I don't feel pain anymore. I want to see him. I want to see him. I couldn't see anything properly but I could feel Robert's presence. His possessive arms are still around me. I wanted to see him. I want to touch him. I want to ask him, why does he hate me so much? Am I so useless for him? 

I want to feel him. I want to feel him and make sure that this isn't a dream and he is still here...with me. I want to feel him and make sure that... He will not leave me.

Suddenly, a hard headache hit my mind and I blanked out.

_____________
_____________

I opened my eyes with a slight headache and looked here and there. My eyes subconsciously reacted to find something but came to view other than bright light. It made it difficult for me to adjust the lights because I had been in darkness for maybe a little too long. I tried to get up but I wasn't able to move. My body was numb.

It was like I was frozen for a few days and now finally I am awake.

I moved my eyes frequently to adjust to the surroundings. I suddenly noticed a warm hand upon mine. I felt warm as my blood started to rush through my veins again because of contact. I led my eyes to my hand and I saw Robert sleeping.