Dancing Queens and Dates To The Yule Ball

It had been two weeks since the mentioning of the Yule Ball and Harry was still trying to ask Draco to be his Yule Ball date. Draco was the same, he had two things to ask Harry. His first question was to ask Harry out and the second was to ask Harry to go to the Yule Ball with him. Or the other way around.

Harry was getting tired of most of the girls asking him to be their date for the Yule Ball, but he kindly told them no and that he wasn't interested. So, then a lot of the girls were asking him who he wanted to take, Harry ignored them and told them he didn't know. At times, he just wanted to scream out to the whole school that he was interested in guys more than girls.

Harry woke up on Saturday to the sound of grunting on the other side of his dorm room. He felt a little less depressed since he got about five hours of sleep and he only woke up twice last night. He sat up and placed his glasses on his nose, looking over at an angry Ron. "Ron, what is it?" he asked in a sleepy tone.

Ron was staring at himself in the mirror with what looked like a girl's dress in his arms. "Oh, nothing..." he said with a bitter smile. "It's just that Mum brought me some weird dress robe for the Yule Ball. It literally looks like a dress, no kidding." He turned away from the mirror to face Harry.

Harry was too tired to laugh at the dress robes that looked so Victorian-styled and definitely like a girl's dress. Sometimes he feels so sorry for Ron, but at least he has a family. "Ron, I can just buy you a dress robes."

Ron's eyes widened in surprise, but then he shook his head knowing he shouldn't take money from people, especially his best friend. "No, it's okay," he said with quite a heavy sigh. "I'll just not go, no biggie."

Harry yawned, too tired to deal with stressed teenage boys like himself who are overreacting to what they are going to wear. "No, it's fine Ron," he told him earnestly. He really would go out and buy his best mate a new dress robe. He's got plenty of Galleons in his vault. "I'll just get the cheapest dress robes in store for you, no second-hand clothes for you."

"Okay," Ron said, his forehead wrinkled, and he still sounded a little unsure about this. He doesn't want his best mate buying things for him. He'd feel bad in the end. "If you insist, just please don't tell my mom. You know how furious she'll get."

Harry nodded, knowing how angry Mrs Weasley can get though she never gets angry at him. She only gets upset when people buy her family things that weren't from the Weasley's family Gringotts vault. "Of course, Ron," he assured him and with, of course, a forced smile.

"Do you think we'll have dancing lessons?" Ron asked blankly, still staring at the dress robe with disgust. The thought of dancing didn't seem like a bad thing as he knows many people, including himself, would need the practice. It's just a thing they all had to learn.

Harry shrugged tiredly. He didn't care about the dance even though he knew he needed a lot of practice. Dancing was just work and he didn't want to do it. "Not too sure, I don't mind if we did though," he told him, and his shoulders curled forward as he reached to hug his legs. "I don't even know how to dance."

Ron smiled sheepishly, and the thought of teaching Harry how to dance suddenly popped into his head. He didn't mind it though. "I'd be happy to give you lessons, mate," he said and chucks the dress robe he was given onto his bed, disregarding it as trash. "Even if it meant holding your hand and your waist."

"Uh... yeah..." Harry said and forced a laugh at that, making Ron smile. He then got dressed in a black hoodie with jeans ready for the day. He wasn't hungry, not anymore, not yet. 

Harry walked into the Great Hall with Ron and Hermione, who came down into the common room just as the two boys were about to leave together. The trio sat down next to Fred and George, ignoring what they were plotting as it doesn't involve them. He sat next to Hermione, and they had a good view of the Slytherin table. Ron was sitting across from them.