Expecting!

One of the many, many joys of being a pregnant wizard (along with the tender nipples, bloated feet, sudden skin sensitivity, extreme, hormone-fuelled mood swings, near-loss of bladder control with each increasingly frequent urge to urinate and the nearly permanent, burning hunger resulting sometimes in delightfully shameless two AM binges of eating his basket of sweets and rest-over Easter chocolates) were the random shifts in sleep patterns. Draco finds himself wide awake most nights, regardless of reading before bed and sleeping potions and sometimes regardless of being genuinely tired.

He wakes up one evening sometime after six PM, after having fallen asleep post lunch, with a backache and, of course, a raging boner.

Because Draco is now also desperately randy – all the time.

Just over five months pregnant, he's showing now, plainly, and clearly visible through his clothes, (only when he doesn't use a certain spell to hide his belly) and Harry simply does not take his eyes off him. This means that when Draco is with him, Harry just watches him, staring with that same unabashed, heated intensity that had overwhelmed Draco (which in turn means that Draco is nearly always hard in Harry's presence); but it also means that when Harry is not around Draco, he comes looking for Draco – because Harry, apparently, is convinced that Draco might trip over his own swollen feet and land on his protruding belly, or accidentally set himself on fire or something. So despite, but not so secretly thrilled at the raw hunger with which Harry watches him, Draco comes very close to hurling whatever he can get his hands on every time Harry's untamed head pokes into view, vivid green eyes wide and anxious behind those stupid fucking glasses.

They've had Dr Ivan visit for two more scheduled visits since their third and on the last one, two days ago, they'd watched their now significantly larger baby wiggle and squirm around as Dr Ivan had pointed out each new development, the flexing fingers and toes, the longer limbs, the stronger spine, the way it pulled little faces, and the way it seemed to just move so much in there, Draco finally seeing what he'd been feeling inside him for several days.

Harry had choked back tears again and Draco had been quick to take the mickey simply because it helped staunch Draco's own horrifying rush of some more of those emotions he's always feeling now. It's only with some effort that Draco managed to retain his mask of impassivity in front of Dr Ivan and Harry during these appointments, and he hasn't yet mentioned to either of them that he reads to the baby every night now. He supposes he ought to feel guilty for not offering to let Harry engage with the baby too, but he's not sure he'd be able to sit there and watch the git gush at his belly with his sparkling eyes and excited grin without, well, jumping him (and snogging him unconscious).

Harry had touched Draco's belly at this appointment. Harry's large, slightly rough hand had rested warmly on Draco's stomach, just to the side of his navel, and they'd, along with Dr Ivan, watched as the baby had responded to the touch nearly instantly with a surprisingly strong kick, prompting Harry to yelp and pull back his hand as though bitten, Draco trying to glare at him through their shared, exhilarated laughter as he'd rubbed the spot on his belly where he'd felt it.

Draco had mentioned his increasingly unbearable randiness but phrased in a more genteel manner, of course to Dr Ivan then, after he'd righted his robes and sat down with him. He'd murmured through grit teeth, and Dr Ivan, to his credit, hadn't even cracked a smile as he'd nodded and assured him that it was perfectly normal —although his eyes did take on the aggravatingly meaningful glint they often did.

One of the many things that Draco really appreciates about Harry is how earnestly caring and loving he is to Draco during his pregnancy. He takes care of Draco in dozens of different ways, but never in a way that asks to be noticed or thanked. An elaborate kit of lotions and skin care products was left on Draco's bed one evening after he'd gone to breakfast earlier that day with mild rashes down his neck, grumbling about the dry, itchy skin on his belly; crates of more books and there seemed to be more fresh fruits and vegetables in the Great Hall every day.