Seola's confession

your own words are thick

After playing more matches I took a break and made myself some dinner.

"Y/N honey, there's someone who wants to talk to you."
"Mum, god you scared me! Who?"
She points to our living room.

"Seola? What brings you here?"
"The coach texted me, and I just needed to tell you the news as fast as possible."
"What news?"
"We're qualified for the city dance tournament!"
"REALLY?!"
"YES!! We made it!"
"Holy shit, that's amazing!."

The old dance group didn't make it and they were amazing, so we never that we would make it.

I hug her out of excitement.

"We actually have a good chance, let's do our best and win this!"
"But you can't forget that there are other teams, who think the same way. It's not gonna be easy."
"Yeah I know, I meant that our team has great harmony and power."
"Then we don't wanna waste any time and start training as soon as possible."
"I message the group."
"Why didn't you do that in the first place? Why did you come all the way to my place just to tell me personally?"
"This is very important to you and I wanted to see your reaction. Also, I just wanted to see you again. We didn't really have time to talk since we went out."
"You know you can call me anytime?"
"Yes, but... I don't know... I just didn't want to bother you."
"Why would you think that you bother me?"
"Not sure..."
"Did someone say anything weird to you?"
"Soobin."
"Soobin? What did he say?"
"Doesn't matter, I probably just overreacted anyways."
"What? No, c'mon Seola talk to me."
"I probably just misunderstood. He... He doesn't like the way I act to you."
"What? Why? You never did anything wrong or were mean to me?"
"Not that kind of way, I think he doesn't like the fact that I like you... like like you."
"What do you mean "He doesn't like that you like me"?"
"I like you, I have a crush on you."
"Oh."
"Oh? I guess it would be good if I go."
"No, wait."
"But why would he hate that, he's not homophobic or anything."
"No, but he wants someone else to be by your side I guess. I don't know, maybe I misunderstood. Please don't talk to him about it."
"Seola..."
"It's fine."

She stands up and walks to the front door. I can't just let her go, can I?
I run after her outside and hug her back as tight as possible.

"Don't be mad at me Seola, please! I couldn't handle it."
"Why would you be mad? I am the one who caught you off guard with confessing."
"I don't hate that, actually I really really like you. But"
"But you don't love me as I do."
I slowly nod.
"I'm not sure."
"I understand, I bet you're also not sure about that someone, who Soobin mentioned. But it's okay, I am okay with that. And I don't hate you, I could never hate you. Even if I can't have you, I still wanna be your friend! Do you promise me, we will stay friends."
"I promise, I don't want that anything changes between us, okay? Don't stop you from being you when you're with me, okay?"
"Okay."

We look at each other, a tear rolling down my face. She cups my cheek with one of her hands and kisses me on the cheek."
"I promise. Good Night, Y/N. I will be here for you whenever you need me."