11. first day of school

"okay! i think i found the outfit this time," nini breathes as she made her way out of her bedroom and into the kitchen to see erica sitting at the table reading the newspaper

"are you sure? or are you going to change another seventeen times this morning?" the woman asked with an amused smile

the seventeen year old shook her head determinedly "nope. i'm sticking to this dress." she said firmly "plus the purple ribbon with the white doves go with it and it's so cute!" she exclaimed brightly, making her way to sit down at the table

erica chuckled as she put the newspaper down and took ahold of a few papers that were on the table "here are your schedules, time tables and all of the little necessities for your first day."

nini winced at the sound of that sentence, taking a sip of her orange juice "can i not just...'go with the flow' as people my age say." she grinned

erica shook her head "first: i don't think many people say that regularly, and second: no." she said with a smile

nini's smile dropped "but school is so...boring!"

"i know that, but it's where normal teenagers go." erica reminded her before checking her watch "and speaking of school, we have to get you there."

nini sighed as she finished her plate quickly before standing up, taking the pieces of papers from erica and putting them in her little white backpack that held all of the things ricky helped her get for school before following her aunt out of the apartment and coffee shop and towards the car.

nini came out of the car full of nerves overwhelming her, taking a deep breath as she clutched her backpack and made her way towards the entrance.

a smile formed on her face as she watched different teens meet up and talking with their friends for another monday, catching up on their weekends either outside of the double doors or as they made their way through them.

nini adjusted her long brown hair nervously as she noticed a few eyes land on her curiously when seeing that there was a new girl in their school.

but she chose to ignore it, quickly entering the building as she walked through the locker-covered halls that were decorated with 'east high leapords' posters and bulletins and filled with students chattering and moving around.

nini tried to navigate her way around the school, but she had absolutely no idea where she was going, taking a turn into another hallway to see it less crowded than the previous one, but she couldn't see any familiar faces.

"oh! so sorry, pardon me," she apologized as she bumped into someone

the blonde boy wearing glasses turned to face her and just smiled "don't worry! i wasn't watching where i was going anyway," he chuckled "are you new here?"