50. stuck

+

+

for the entire saturday morning, nini had stayed locked up in her bedroom, pretending to be asleep until both ricky and erica had gone downstairs to start working in the café but in reality; she hadn't even closed her eyes for a split second.

the phone call with benjamin wasn't very long...it was mostly him speaking - nini's words were caught in her throat from utter shock and disappointment.

what had been happening was that nini's mother had been freaking out with all the arrangements to get ready for nini's birthday ball that they were supposed to hold the night she had come back from salt lake city, seeing has her coronation was supposed to be a week later on the day of her birthday.

it had been too much pressure and so to speak, nini's mother had been told to rest for the time being, seeing as she'd both been worried for her daughter's well being while in another country as well as the country and it's activities.

and one thing daniella needed was for her daughter to be back home, helping prepare and get ready for everything that was coming up...

and nini didn't know what to do.

well - she knew what she had to do...she knew she had to go back - but she didn't know how to handle this new big piece of important information.

nini turned over onto her back, closing her eyes as she ran her hands over her face in exhaustion from this as well as the lack of sleep before she slowly sat up and tucked the strands of her long brown hair behind her ear, getting off of the bed and slowly tiptoeing to her door.

she cracked it open a few inches, peaking her head through the space to check the hallway and seeing erica's door wide open - that meant she wasn't home.

nini took that as a go to slowly slip out of her door and make her way to the living room, sighing in slight relief when she didn't see any sign of someone there either. so, she headed to the kitchen which was where she froze when seeing the door of the fridge open with someone looking inside of it.

soon, he revealed himself: the curly-haired boy wearing an army-green sweatshirt with a pair of blue jeans and red vans, smiling softly when seeing his girlfriend

"oh! hey! you're up." he greeted in an airy voice

nini swallowed "um...i-i didn't think anyone was up here at this time..."

"yeah, erica needed more milk and she just told me to come upstairs to get some." ricky chuckled, the laugh soon fading when realizing how stiff and jumpy nini was being this afternoon "is everything okay?"

"splendid!" nini exclaimed suddenly, forcing a smile. the very very last thing she needed was for him to question her...she still needed a bit of time "um...h-how about you? are you okay?"

ricky took a deep breath and looked down "um...yeah-i-i guess? i don't know...i'll get over it, i think..."

"hey," nini frowned, walking towards him "you're feelings are valid remember? you're allowed to feel anything. angry, sad, disappointed - anything you feel, is what you feel. nothing should stop that."

ricky looked down at her and nodded slowly "yeah..."

"yeah?"

he nodded again with a small smile as nini returned it, soon fading slowly as she got lost in his eyes before looking away and taking a step back

"um...i'm not really hungry...so i'll-i just have to get changed."

ricky nodded "okay. are you going to come down to the café?"

nini laughed nervously "uh-i-i think-i don't think so...i have a lot of school work!! and homework!! lots and lots of work..."

"oh, do you need help?" he asked

"no its alright. there's just-there's just this one problem that i do not know how to solve but i'll figure it out...i have to."

ricky grinned "calm down, princess it's just high school."

nini forced laughed again, turning around to head back to her room "...right..."