Chapter 6

Why does almost everyone was playing Arcadia? It was because Arcanos Corporation actually rewarded people with real money by playing Arcadia. Arcanos would give cash rewards as compensation for achieving something in the game. It can be from leveling up your character or earning golds and other methods. You might think that it might lead to their loss, but it was not.

The higher a player levels up, the higher the monetary rewards will be. However, the required experience points to level up a character would increase massively upon reaching level 30.

That strategy enabled Arcanos to manipulate the people by playing their game, thinking that they'll get easy money since it was easy to level up your character at the start. But at some point, it became so hard for players to level up that they had to spend more time and real money to level up.

Most of the people just ended up getting themselves under immense debt due to buying in-game items with real money just to help them upgrade their equipment. But for some people, it actually worked in their favor. Some of them easily managed to level up and earned more money in the process. In the end, it was a gamble.

Some issues appeared at the start. People started to exploit the system by creating multiple accounts over and over again. That was stopped as the account creation now required a credit card to identify the players.

Arcanos even managed to make a deal with the national leaders that several laws and regulations were made to protect the game. Since money is involved, a lot of people were even arrested and imprisoned for hacking the game. Multiple bugs and glitches were also immediately fixed from time to time.

As Arcadia became the most secure and hackproof game globally, people had no choice but to grind so hard just to level up.

But according to rumors, there were some legendary players you didn't spend a single cent on this game, yet, they were some of the strongest players out there. That was the beauty of Arcadia.

-DISTRICT 5, CITY OF HANSUNG, GREATER ASIAN KINGDOMS-

BOG! BOG! BOG!

A young man started slamming his head on his worktable. Behind him was a large VR capsule built for entering Arcadia. He took out his phone while biting his lips.

"Brother... I... I failed."

"You failed what?"

"I failed to clear the cave."

"What? I even gave you everything?! Our guild leader will scold me for this!"

BOG! BOG! BOG!

The young man continued banging his head on the table while talking to his brother.

"I'm sorry, but some asshole let us all die and took the loot alone!"

"What did you say?"

"Some guy also knew about the Fruit Eye Cave. He even knew the self-destruction skill of that Monkey, which explains how he managed to live."

"That's weird. If that asshat knows about that, then it means he already cleared the cave before. Why would he raid it again since it will yield fewer XP and rewards for him? It's a complete waste of time."

"Maybe... wait! What if he belongs to another famous guild?!"

"Wait! It can be. Some guild might be exploited the Fruit Eye Cave too! Now, this information is what Beefking will like! Who's that guy?!"

"His ID was Kane250. He said he's level 30, I doubt it at first, but now it makes sense."

"Alright, I'll tell our guild members about it."